FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Time Machine Conversion Parts

Time Machine Conversion Parts

Hello I was wondering if anyone has a complete list of parts and components on the DeLorean in Back To The Futue? I'm ideally looking for a parts reference or diagram that shows and names the part then tells you where it is located on the car. Any help is greatly appreciated! This information will be for use on the 1/2 scale DeLorean Time Machine replica I have been working on for a few years.
    Thanks,

My VIN:    05457

Your 1/2 scale project sounds awesome! Do you have any early pictures you can share? Also, what was the motivation behind doing a 1/2 scale car? Where will it be displayed? I had a house with a large empty wall and I dreamed of displaying a scaled down DeLorean on it, but never went so far to build anything.

While I'm not sure a single complete list is available publicly, here are two threads that can help you on your way:

• Time Machine AMA - Mark, one of the guys who worked to restore the A car, generously answers questions here about specific parts
    • 3D Printable Parts - This would probably be best for your project as you can print them at 50% scale

Best of luck on your project! Really hope to see photos of it!
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Your 1/2 scale project sounds awesome! Do you have any early pictures you can share? Also, what was the motivation behind doing a 1/2 scale car? Where will it be displayed? I had a house with a large empty wall and I dreamed of displaying a scaled down DeLorean on it, but never went so far to build anything.

While I'm not sure a single complete list is available publicly, here are two threads that can help you on your way:

• Time Machine AMA - Mark, one of the guys who worked to restore the A car, generously answers questions here about specific parts
    • 3D Printable Parts - This would probably be best for your project as you can print them at 50% scale

Best of luck on your project! Really hope to see photos of it!
    Thank you! I started building it about 5 years ago when I was about 12, I really love BTTF and I wanted my own DeLorean, so it was kind of a gokart/ static project thing which is why it is 1/2 scale. I didnt have access to many resources back then and pretty much relied on pausing the movies to look at components. Recently my DeLorean was damaged and I had to take all of the parts off to fix the frame, so I thought now I would go back through and make some new more screen accurate parts and do a rebuild/ restoration. These pictures were taken before I disassembled to repair the frame. Thank you for your interest!
    20200221_165615.jpg20200221_165624.jpg20200222_154607.jpg20200222_154647.jpg20200222_154453.jpg

My VIN:    05457

Very nice, thanks for sharing! I didn't realize it was also drivable, that is great! Very ambitious project to start at 12 years old, I was dreaming of having a DeLorean at that age, but never fathomed building one for myself!

Looks like you are well on your way to having this completed, I'm sure you'll be able to find the answers you need posting on the AMA thread or in this one. Hope to see more updates on your progress!
    David Proehl