FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weird Issue Programming Dave's Dome Relay

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Dome Lights are in auto position when I try to reprogram time.

Also, does yours go into program mode if you turn the dome on, wait 2 seconds, and put it back to auto? Mine does.
    I never turn my dome lights off auto mode. And I always keep it in battery saver mode.

So are your doors open or shut when your dome lights (both?) are off and you want me turn one on, wait 2 seconds and switch it to auto?

Maybe you have a bad unit. Let me know if you want me to send you another one.
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 03-04-2020 at 08:07 PM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I never turn my dome lights off auto mode. And I always keep it in battery saver mode.

So are your doors open or shut when your dome lights (both?) are off and you want me turn one on, wait 2 seconds and switch it to auto?

Maybe you have a bad unit. Let me know if you want me to send you another one.
    All doors are closed and glovebox is closed.

Turn on the dome light in the front, wait 2-3 seconds, then flip back to auto.

At this point, I’m in program mode with the occasional flash.

If yours doesn’t do it, then maybe I can send this one to you to test it?

Hell, maybe it’s one of the diodes in my harness...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

All doors are closed and glovebox is closed.

Turn on the dome light in the front, wait 2-3 seconds, then flip back to auto.

At this point, I’m in program mode with the occasional flash.

If yours doesn’t do it, then maybe I can send this one to you to test it?

Hell, maybe it’s one of the diodes in my harness...
    Yes mine will also go into programming mode if I have the front dome light switched off and right after I close the door I switch it to auto. I'm not sure if I can fix that with a software change. It would take some time trouble shooting the software.
    Dave M vin 03572

Yes mine will also go into programming mode if I have the front dome light switched off and right after I close the door I switch it to auto. I'm not sure if I can fix that with a software change. It would take some time trouble shooting the software.
    Mine does it if I just turn the dome light on and then off at any time. I have had it happen while I am driving at night. Simply turn it on to look at something and turn it off before 5 seconds passed, and it will be in program mode. Also, I don't have an off position for my dome light, since it is an after market replacement.

What will mostly solve this:
    If the key is in the on position, the unit will not go into programming mode under any circumstances. Make it where, to get into programming mode, one has to start with the key off.

While this solves one issue, it doesn't solve why I can't reprogram the timer... any ideas on that?
    Last edited by 81dmc; 03-05-2020 at 10:10 AM.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

You could make that, if the key is in the on position, the unit will not go into programming mode under any circumstances.

Make it where to get into programming mode, one has to start with the key off.

While this solves one issue, it doesn't solve why I can't reprogram the timer... any ideas on that?
    It's been so long since I looked at the software. I thought I had it never go into program mode with the key on.
    Dave M vin 03572

It's been so long since I looked at the software. I thought I had it never go into program mode with the key on.
    Maybe I can send you my unit for testing? PM address if you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2