FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Making the frequency valve safer

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    You answer questions like I am an idiot. Not once did I mention that I had a leak or even suspected a leak but thank you for telling me to STOP when I smell raw gas while the engine is running. Thanks for telling me that a missed fuel seal will cause a leak or manhandling lines and stretching them would subject them to damage. I have carried a fire extinguisher in my car for years. Don't take this the wrong way, it seems like everytime you answer a question you are not trying to help but just make sure everyone knows how smart you are. I'm sure you are a great guy but please refrain from replying to my threads.
    When I post to a thread it is not only for the OP. It is for everyone who will read this thread and may not be as smart as you or have as much experience doing this stuff. If my replies offend you, don't read them. When you post, anyone can respond. If you don't like the rules you can either leave or stop posting.
    David Teitelbaum

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    When I post to a thread it is not only for the OP. It is for everyone who will read this thread and may not be as smart as you or have as much experience doing this stuff. If my replies offend you, don't read them. When you post, anyone can respond. If you don't like the rules you can either leave or stop posting.
    Don't give yourself so much credit. Nothing you do offends me.

My VIN:    2706

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Typically you develop leaks after work has been done, a loose connection, a kinked or sharply bent line, a mis-positioned line, a missing copper sealing washer, that kind of thing. If you run the motor for a while and don't have any leaks, the chances of developing a leak are small. Even on the old, original lines if you treat them carefully and don't kink or abuse them while you are working on them. If you do replace the lines and don't use the proper tubing or fittings, then you do risk a line coming loose and a massive fuel spill. Carry a fire extinguisher. If you smell fuel, STOP and find the leak immediately. You should never smell fuel while the motor is running. Even a tiny leak must be fixed right away.
    What with the world do without the resident Delorean "expert"

I suppose my frequency valve cracking on its own after 3 years of driving had a david T explanation too....your exausting.

Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    What with the world do without the resident Delorean "expert"

I suppose my frequency valve cracking on its own after 3 years of driving had a david T explanation too....your exausting.
    Member: "I would like to find the square oil plug socket in a low profile to make my oil changes easier, anyone know of a source?"

Guru "Make absolutely sure you replace oil in the engine after you drain it! Use fresh oil, not the same oil you just drained. Also be sure to replace the oil filter when you change the oil!'

Judging by the brake booster thread and the thread from White Out, talking to people like they are 8 years old is a running theme with the guru.
    Last edited by Michael; 03-08-2020 at 02:34 PM.

My VIN:    03500

You could take a old ratchet grind it down to make it fit.
    This is another owners idea not mine.

Dave B.

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    You could take a old ratchet grind it down to make it fit.
    This is another owners idea not mine.

Dave B.
    That's what I did. Been using it for over 11 years. Guru just sat straight up in bed.
    15836953894677571219005061691514.jpg

Got some clear heat shrink in and slipped it over the valve feed fitting. I got a larger size for the brass but the 3/4 stuff barely fit over the AN fitting so when it shrank it got nice and tight. The rest may shrink more with more engine time but it's fine where it is. Once I find a bolt to fit the rear hole, I will move it back a few more inches which will not only get it out from being right over the manifold but relieve the stress on the feed line.

My thinking is if it's wrapped tight in heat shrink, if something happens be it a cracked fitting or leaking hard line, the tight heat shrink tubing which extends about 12" on up the line will prevent fuel at 70psi from shooting anywhere. It will still leak naturally but it will come out of one end of the sleeve (most likely the top since it's so tight around the fitting) well away from the manifold and hopefully I will have noticed a running issue before anything serious happens.

I don't know if it will work or not. It may just buy me a few extra seconds to get out if I am in an accident and the FV gets damaged. I'll take it.

20200323_153335.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 03-23-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3