FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Flywheels?

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Flywheels wear overtime, so the step size will decrease. Maintaining the step as measured on a used flywheel is silly. Its like putting different tires on your car that are just as worn as the last ones.

I have machined flywheels with a 0.040" step to get more clamping force out of the pressure plate. Going less than 0.020" could cause slipping. Not likely with a PRV, but a consideration.
    You are right. Going less will cause slipping. .040 is a good height for PRV's producing over 300 ft lbs of torque. .020 is the correct number for a stock drive train configuration.

We will be producing another batch of flywheels with replaceable inlays. We ran through our Fidanza units from 2014 and will be producing these in house moving forward. Not suitable for K jet cars as the idle system doesn't have the ability to catch itself efficiently.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    You are right. Going less will cause slipping. .040 is a good height for PRV's producing over 300 ft lbs of torque. .020 is the correct number for a stock drive train configuration.

We will be producing another batch of flywheels with replaceable inlays. We ran through our Fidanza units from 2014 and will be producing these in house moving forward. Not suitable for K jet cars as the idle system doesn't have the ability to catch itself efficiently.
    You are the one I got the tip from, thanks Josh.
    I had a flywheel machined for a turbo ecotec car, sitting in the high 200s, figured it would be an excellent time to use the increased step height.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2