FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any reason to keep old injector lines?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Any reason to keep old injector lines?

Replaced my NOS (as of 2005) lines with braided ones. Today is trash day. Is there any reason not to toss them?

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Replaced my NOS (as of 2005) lines with braided ones. Today is trash day. Is there any reason not to toss them?
    Maybe use them for a future fuel /distributor/fuel injector test bench?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

After my OE lines were swapped out the vendor asked me to use a diagonal cutter to cut both ends off of the lines and mail them, including an inch or two of the plastic tubing, to him so the banjo fittings could be salvaged. You just push the black rubber cover back from the fittings to get to the thin, hard plastic tubing for the cut. He asked me not to razor cut the plastic off the fitting which might score the metal.

So you could ask your vendor if they want them. Or anybody on the forum might want them? Haven't heard of this being a thing aside from my own experience.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    0934

After my OE lines were swapped out the vendor asked me to use a diagonal cutter to cut both ends off of the lines and mail them, including an inch or two of the plastic tubing, to him so the banjo fittings could be salvaged. You just push the black rubber cover back from the fittings to get to the thin, hard plastic tubing for the cut. He asked me not to razor cut the plastic off the fitting which might score the metal.

So you could ask your vendor if they want the ends sent back. Or anybody on the forum might want them? Haven't heard of this being a thing aside from my own experience.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

So you could ask your vendor if they want them. Or anybody on the forum might want them? Haven't heard of this being a thing aside from my own experience.
    Done and done. Thanks. I'm sure I will pull that box down in a few years and wonder why the hell I kept those?

I replaced mine with DPI lines a few years ago (Thanks Rob Grady), but decided to keep my original lines around because they're in surprisingly great shape and I kinda like to keep them for concours reference. Safety over accuracy. Points happily lost.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Maybe use them for a future fuel /distributor/fuel injector test bench?
    I had plans to do that but that box of parts are still sitting in my garage. I got a junk mixture unit to do it also.

But cut the banjo ends off your lines. I used a few to make my fuel pressure tester.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

I recently replaced my NOS lines as well. I tossed all of them. I have enough miscellaneous parts hanging around.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    I replaced mine with DPI lines a few years ago (Thanks Rob Grady),

Ever since Rob Grady closed down and went to work for Josh, he has proven himself to be a valuable asset to DPI.

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

what?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast