FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ISM tube sealing ring and antennae

My VIN:    10270

I looked through all the DMC and Volvo literature and can't find it. You could probably measure the diameter threads & use a machinists reference.

I tighten them to "snug". It's an O ring seal and not dependent on torque to prevent vacuum leak, plus its a fine thread so a little goes a long way.

I just tighten until the tube won't rotate then just a touch more. Once the hoses are connected that will act to lock the tube in place.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Luke,
    Thanks, - really appreciate your help and advice on this.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    I looked through all the DMC and Volvo literature and can't find it. You could probably measure the diameter threads & use a machinists reference.

I tighten them to "snug". It's an O ring seal and not dependent on torque to prevent vacuum leak, plus its a fine thread so a little goes a long way.

I just tighten until the tube won't rotate then just a touch more. Once the hoses are connected that will act to lock the tube in place.

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    You're welcome bud!

Negative. I actually thought it was the Cold Start Valve as well until I found another article showing the actual pipe of agony. It is indeed the one that connects to the mixture unit and the U Shaped rubber hose that connects to the ISM.
    Just an update, I replaced the seal ring with a new one and new o ring and it is definitely better, I am able to restart it hot since then, not perfect but it did restart. Almost acted like it was starving for gas for a minute then it straightened out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2