FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ISM tube sealing ring and antennae

ISM tube sealing ring and antennae

I have a couple of questions; First where does the antennae wire go for the fender mounted antennae? I have poked looked, even used the scope light and cant see any place that it can go??? And second question the brass tube that goes from the ISM to the intake, I didnt take it out, and I dont see any thing in the manual I have or on line that tells the orientation of the sealing ring and assume O ring, A picture or good description would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You're right, there isn't a good picture that I can tell you to go to. In the Parts Manual 1-4-1 fig # 7 is the brass sealing cup that holds fig #8 "O" ring inside part #9 mixture unit. The aux pipe slides into the cup and "O" ring. The cup is a press fit and keeps the "O" ring from coming out.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I literally reassembled my intake and everything over the last few days. The picture below is the O-Ring and a piece that keeps it captive. The copper pipe that you refer to is commonly called the 'pipe of agony' due to a source of vaccum leaks if not properly sealed.

2020-03-09 17.42.05.jpg
    Last edited by JBaker4981; 03-13-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    3937

For the question about the radio antenna in the front right fender, which end of the wire are you talking about? Do you have the wire in hand and not sure how it plugs into the back of the stereo? Or not sure how that same wire connects with the base of the fixed mast fender antenna?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    I literally reassembled my intake and everything over the last few days. The picture below is the O-Ring and a piece that keeps it captive. The copper pipe that you refer to is commonly called the 'pipe of agony' due to a source of vaccum leaks if not properly sealed.

2020-03-09 17.42.05.jpg
    Thank you a picture goes along way, my gut was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    For the question about the radio antenna in the front right fender, which end of the wire are you talking about? Do you have the wire in hand and not sure how it plugs into the back of the stereo? Or not sure how that same wire connects with the base of the fixed mast fender antenna?

Regarding the antenae, there is no wire anywhere to be seen, or for that matter no apparent route to run the wire from the antenae to the radio. When I bought the car there was no antenae monuted only the after market one my brother had purchased. I took the scope light and cant see a hole/path/ or any where to route the cable from the antenae. Not on my priority list just something to revert to when I get frustrated with the many other challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    The copper pipe that you refer to is commonly called the 'pipe of agony' due to a source of vaccum leaks if not properly sealed.

2020-03-09 17.42.05.jpg
    I thought the pipe of agony was the cold start injector tube, due to how tough it is to align correctly when reinstalling.

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by northeast dmc View Post
    Thank you a picture goes along way, my gut was right.
    You're welcome bud!

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    I thought the pipe of agony was the cold start injector tube, due to how tough it is to align correctly when reinstalling.
    Negative. I actually thought it was the Cold Start Valve as well until I found another article showing the actual pipe of agony. It is indeed the one that connects to the mixture unit and the U Shaped rubber hose that connects to the ISM.
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    3937

Here's a couple more pics. Cold start valve actually gets bolted into place. No worrying about getting it to slip in just so. It's the one that's got the best access, because everything above it has to be removed to get at it.

IMG_1412.jpgIMG_1373.jpgIMG_1437.jpgIMG_1448.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Anyone know the torque value for the cold start valve bolt that goes into the middle of the intake manifold?
    Thanks,
    Robert
    VIN#3915

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast