FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: The Road to 88mph (Total rebuild of #1537)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Owner of #1537

My VIN:    01537

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

The Road to 88mph (Total rebuild of #1537)

Hello everyone,

After years of searching for a DeLorean, I have found both my dream car and an immense project.

Meet 1537, a DeLorean with a chipping black paint job, rust eaten and severely modified frame, rotting interior, no engine, no transmission, the iconic stainless panels scarred with dents and scratches, tacky and tasteless mods, and the list goes on. Neglected by the previous owner for many years just sitting in a barn, he died, and it was then moved outside under the Texas sun where it sat for several more years before I came across her.

She is easily amongst the worst condition DeLoreans out there.
    I've don't my own repairs, maintenance, restoration and upgrading on my own since I was a teenager. Now, I get to restore and upgrade my favorite car of all time.

These are the pictures I took the first time I saw the car on Thanksgiving day, 2019. Since then, much work has been done, and far more lies ahead.
    The car has been cleaned out, the paint has been removed, most of all the tacky mods are gone, the fascias stripped down to the polyurethane, and half of the car has been regrained.

I have the project all planned out already, with everything that I am restoring and everything that I am upgrading. This DeLorean will go from being one of the worst out there, to one of the best someday.

I will continue to post updates on my journey as I go along, and some pictures to go with it. I've also started an Instagram for the project, there you can see far more photos at a higher quality, and some videos too.

If you'd like to follow or just check it out, my Instagram is the_road_to_88mph
    You're more than welcome to stop by
    Attached Images
    Best regards,
    Brent V.

1981 DMC-12 #01537
    1992 3000GT VR-4

Instagram: the_road_to_88mph