FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: John Hervey Parts

My VIN:    5625

John Hervey Parts

Just curious..... Did anyone purchase all of John Hervey’s delorean part inventory after his passing? I would still like to get my hands on one of his SS air filter boxes.

But more importantly, I was wondering where it all went or if it just sits in a garage somewhere....

Anyone know?
    Last edited by Trstno1; 03-15-2020 at 12:12 PM.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I don’t think he had those SS air filter boxes in stock for the last decade. And I also recall hearing they didn’t seal well anyway.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    I don’t think he had those SS air filter boxes in stock for the last decade. And I also recall hearing they didn’t seal well anyway.
    X2

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10270

...and they're only going to heat soak your intake air, and they aren't designed properly for an already crappy PCV system
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    ...and they're only going to heat soak your intake air, and they aren't designed properly for an already crappy PCV system
    I hear that heat soak is just a hoax.
    Unrelated... why is my car running shitty?

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10309

Now that you brought it up, I've been waiting for someone to restart the business or at least sell off the inventory which should be substantial. As far as I
    know, he was the only vendor to sell seat covers that were like the original, i.e. no wrinkles (and he also had alligator covers). He had a lot of one and only items
    for sale, many that were genius in the designing and manufacture. I recently sent him 2 door torsion bars that had snapped and he knew a guy who successfully (so far)
    welded each of them back to working order, they are $1000 apiece new. They have taken down their website. Does anyone know them and can get an idea what is going to
    happen with left over products and the business.

My VIN:    Midproduction

Originals were wrinkled/ruched. DeloreanGo sells sets made from factory leather (Bridge of Weir) and ICI vinyl.
    I do wish that site had stayed up. It was a library of references.

Quote Originally Posted by cdrusn View Post
    Now that you brought it up, I've been waiting for someone to restart the business or at least sell off the inventory which should be substantial. As far as I
    know, he was the only vendor to sell seat covers that were like the original, i.e. no wrinkles (and he also had alligator covers). He had a lot of one and only items
    for sale, many that were genius in the designing and manufacture. I recently sent him 2 door torsion bars that had snapped and he knew a guy who successfully (so far)
    welded each of them back to working order, they are $1000 apiece new. They have taken down their website. Does anyone know them and can get an idea what is going to
    happen with left over products and the business.

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Quote Originally Posted by cdrusn View Post
    As far as I know, he was the only vendor to sell seat covers that were like the original, i.e. no wrinkles
    As dmcnc said, the original seat covers did have ruching in the leather. See this clip from 1981 at around the 1 minute mark. https://youtu.be/kZo8d-z4iCM?t=58
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I have been running mine for the better part of a decade. Air leaks, heat soak, all part of impressing at car shows.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWard View Post
    As dmcnc said, the original seat covers did have ruching in the leather. See this clip from 1981 at around the 1 minute mark. https://youtu.be/kZo8d-z4iCM?t=58
    The fascia gaps and alignment on that car spinning around in the background are absolutely amazing. They must have put some additional work into getting it just right since the car was going to be on display. It really gives you a feel for how the cars should look without 39 years of shrinkage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast