FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's your "social distancing" project?

Quote Originally Posted by the_watcher87 View Post

Next up figure out why heater blower won't work on settings 3 and 4 with any consistency.
    I had that same issue. It turned out my circuit breaker was the incorrect amperage and was tripping every few minutes. It was also getting very hot! I installed the correct amperage breaker and also switched both relays to the McKeen solid state. Those two actions alone reduced heat drastically and stopped the breaker from tripping.

While you’re at it, check the blower resistor pack near the blower motor. Mine was extraordinarily rusty. IIRC it only controls speeds 1 and 2 but it’s a cheap and easy replacement if needed.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Time for the valve adjustment on my own car that I've been putting off for ***waytoolong***

valves.jpg
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    03572

I was hoping to get my seat covers started but it looks like a long time to get the covers. They say there is no shipping working so I guess they make them in China.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Time for the valve adjustment on my own car that I've been putting off for ***waytoolong***

valves.jpg
    Ha, I have a Mustang protector as well for working on the DeLorean. How often is a valve adjustment needed? Sorry, still semi-new to the car...

Suspension and brakes...

DPI coilovers front and rear; billet LCAs and stabilizers. Found a bent right lower control arm pivot bolt on disassembly. Deloreango vented disks while I"m in there. Compressing the coils was a little nerve wracking.

1981 DMC 12- Black
    VIN 46**
    Alameda CA

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    I had that same issue. It turned out my circuit breaker was the incorrect amperage and was tripping every few minutes. It was also getting very hot! I installed the correct amperage breaker and also switched both relays to the McKeen solid state. Those two actions alone reduced heat drastically and stopped the breaker from tripping.

While you’re at it, check the blower resistor pack near the blower motor. Mine was extraordinarily rusty. IIRC it only controls speeds 1 and 2 but it’s a cheap and easy replacement if needed.
    All sorted, I had a faulty circuit breaker. Switched out and no further issues.

Now onto why my interior dome light will not work when door is opened, I've bookmarked some forums topics in the hope they can help me sort this out. By looking around here and on the UK club forum the previous owner had this issue but I don't believe he looked into it too much.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    Ha, I have a Mustang protector as well for working on the DeLorean. How often is a valve adjustment needed? Sorry, still semi-new to the car...
    Nominally every 30K miles. In reality - depends on things like oil used, type of driving, etc. Mine had been done (by me) a few thousand miles/10+ years ago and it always seemed to me that there was one that was a bit noisy. Never found the time (until now) to look at it again.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by gluaisrothaii View Post
    Compressing the coils was a little nerve wracking.
    Too little too late, but if you're removing the LCAs & the springs, compressing the coil to the LCA and removing them both as a unit makes this job much less terrifying.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by the_watcher87 View Post
    All sorted, I had a faulty circuit breaker. Switched out and no further issues.

Now onto why my interior dome light will not work when door is opened, I've bookmarked some forums topics in the hope they can help me sort this out. By looking around here and on the UK club forum the previous owner had this issue but I don't believe he looked into it too much.
    Silly question, but are you sure the light is set to the correct position? It’s a 3 position rocker, right? On, off, door?

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Silly question, but are you sure the light is set to the correct position? It’s a 3 position rocker, right? On, off, door?
    Got it sorted, after lots of checking wiring continuity ended up being a previous owner had connected the wires wrong. Should have started with the easy stuff first

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast