FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Darren's semi-annual tech meet in North Carolina OCT 22nd

My VIN:    1968

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Hello! I'm Alex, #1968, out in Gatlinburg, TN. I will see if I can make it to meet you all, but I probably won't have my car. It has just come out of a long hybernation and I'm not sure I trust it to drive 450 miles r/t. But it would be nice to meet other DMC fans. :-)
    Alex

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by aludden View Post
    Hello! I'm Alex, #1968, out in Gatlinburg, TN. I will see if I can make it to meet you all, but I probably won't have my car. It has just come out of a long hybernation and I'm not sure I trust it to drive 450 miles r/t. But it would be nice to meet other DMC fans. :-)
    Alex
    Great! You could possibly caravan in with Steve Miller, he lives in Asheville which is about the 1/2 way point. I have made the drive from Gatlinburg/Knoxville area many times over the years, takes about 4 hours. I'll send you a PM with my address and phone numbers. BTW, historically we get started about noon.

My VIN:    1968

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I really wish I could bring my car... It's actually running quite well, and we just changed all the fluids and most of the hoses (one is back-ordered, so I'm running water instead of coolant). Yesterday I broke the driver-side door handle - I ordered a new metal one. Will I be foolish enough to bring it? Time will tell :-) If not, car-pooling would be good. How late do you meet? Noon -> ?

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Meeting Time

No set finish time. Usually until the last person leaves. That has been as late as midnight, but usually until dusk. Anyone is welcome to arrive sooner than noon, as long as you give me a heads up that you will be arriving sooner. Oh, and I provide food and beverage for lunch (which is usually BBQ). On the occassions that people stay late enough for dinner, I buy some pizzas.

Edit: Steve Miller is steve6854 on page one of this thread, if you want to try and arrange a caravan with him.

Get Together

Hey,Darren.I won`t be able to make it saturday,car is fine,but,I`m down.I was only a 50/50 chance to begin with. Sorry.Went to Euro and was the only one.Lost out to a Saab Sonnet and a Jenson Healy. See you soon,I hope.6864.

Quote Originally Posted by steve6864 View Post
    Hey,Darren.I won`t be able to make it saturday,car is fine,but,I`m down.I was only a 50/50 chance to begin with. Sorry.Went to Euro and was the only one.Lost out to a Saab Sonnet and a Jenson Healy. See you soon,I hope.6864.
    OK, Steve. Sorry you can't make it. I didn't go to Euro b/c I failed to pre-register. I saw it was $70 the day of the show, that was just too much for me. That and I had to watch my kids that day, Michelle was out of town. I hate I missed it, but family duties are first of course. I might catch up with you next month, I will be at the Grove Park Inn again as usual for my fall conference with work. Thanks for getting back to me, we will be in touch.

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I hope to make it in 2013 as I don't know if you guys will be meeting November or December of 2012..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2