FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Deloreango fuel pump didn't make it 50 miles.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Deloreango fuel pump didn't make it 50 miles.

Last night my wife and I took the car out for it's first real world cruise after a ton of work over the winter. 30 minutes in and I heard my brand new fuel pump singing the familiar song of being hot.

It's a brand new pump from DeLoreanGo, new filter too. I also insulated the tank from the coolant lines that run down the sides and insulated the front from hot air using thermo barrier. Tonight was a mere 75-80 degrees and a relatively short cruise. If this pump gets hot under these conditions, what chance does it have when summer gets here???

To be fair, it wasn't a loud hum, but definitely loud enough to make me feel uncomfortable, changing pitch every so often too. I went and filled the tank up with my go to ethanol free gas, the owner pulled up and we ended up chatting for an hour or so. That and cool gas got me home.

Still though, this pump didn't even have 50 miles on it before it overheated on a mild night! I would love an OE pump that is as good as the Bosch units were before their quality went to pot. The new DMCH pump is out of stock but I have heard stories of that pump being troublesome as well.

Bottom line, I need a fuel pump that works and at this point I don't care if it's OE style or not. I just want it to work when ambient temps reach 150 degrees. Someone sell me a pump that works.
    Last edited by Michael; 03-29-2020 at 07:36 AM.