FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Introduction - new owner in Southeast Louisiana

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    SCEDT26TXCD010673

Introduction - new owner in Southeast Louisiana

Greetings,
    I purchased VIN 10763 from DMC Orlando back in October, and have had her home now about 2 weeks. She's a 1982 model year, with grey seats & carpet and manual transmission. The previous owner took very good care of her. DMC Orlando had it for a few months to take care of the following:

- New tires
    - New seat covers
    - New radiator (along with coolant system flush) and hose kit
    - Basic service + 30,000 mile maintenance
    - Updated relays
    - New fuel pump + fuel tank flush
    - New alternator (120 amp)
    - New door seals
    - LED upgrades: door lights, exterior lights, panel lights, interior "reading" lights, trunk light, engine compartment light, glove box light
    - Wings-A-Loft Kit
    - New JVC stereo head unit with 4 new Kicker speakers (all located where original speakers were)
    - Wide Stripe kit (from DeloreanGO)
    - New stainless clutch line
    - New braided stainless fuel lines
    - New cabin a/c fan assembly
    - Stainless header bottle upgrade
    - Performance shocks & springs (included lowering front end to "original" specs)
    - New horns
    - Battery cutout switch
    - Fuel accumulator kit

I know it's a lot, but it's a lot of peace-of-mind. I'm a big believer in preventative maintenance.

About me: I was born in New Orleans, LA and grew up just outside of the city in a town called River Ridge, LA. I spent 4 years in the Navy right out of high school, and then got my college degree afterwards. I'm married with 2 kids. I'm currently 43, but have long considered myself an old soul. That said, I'm a sucker for nostalgia, and have had the "dream car" mentality regarding DeLoreans since I saw BTTF in the theater (twice) back in 1985. I'm finally in a place where I can now afford one, so here I am...living the dream...in Covington, LA (about an hour's drive north of downtown New Orleans). If there are any owners around these parts, please let me know. Thanks very much!

-Patrick Bennett
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jester70123; 03-31-2020 at 02:21 PM.

My VIN:    5312

It literally pays to be a believer in preventative maintenance! Grats on the purchase, she looks great! Welcome to the forum! Plenty of sweet threads on here, i recomend viewing the how to section and do post in the "what have you done to your delorean today" thread too lol That threads huge and has alot of goodies
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

My VIN:    3937

Heckuva nice looking car, Patrick. Welcome!

Preventative maintenance and... driving it! That's the best recipe for keeping them in tip top shape, i.e. not letting them sit.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Congrats! I too purchased from DMC. In my case, Midwest. You definitely bought a good one. Also, that look on your wife's face reminds me of my wife when I talk about or spend money on my car.

My VIN:    SCEDT26TXCD010673

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    Congrats! I too purchased from DMC. In my case, Midwest. You definitely bought a good one. Also, that look on your wife's face reminds me of my wife when I talk about or spend money on my car.
    LOL Yeah, I noticed that look on her face *after* the pic was taken. She's actually been quite supportive of the purchase. She's an 80's kid like me (we were both born in the mid/late 70's) so she likes nostalgia too...just not as much as me.