FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need Garage Ideas - Post Your Photos!

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Thanks. Rolling toolboxes are the best. I also have one of those silicone tool trays to put on the engine to hold stuff. really helps to keep from dropping things.

My VIN:    3610

Sometimes you need to be prepared for everything.image.jpg

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean3610 View Post
    Sometimes you need to be prepared for everything.image.jpg
    Whoa! Looks like a professional shop! Hmm, maybe if I ask my wife to park on the driveway it would give me a space that looks a little more open like that.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    16795

This is my too much stuff and not enough space garage.

IMG_20200506_144545775.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    This is my too much stuff and not enough space garage.

IMG_20200506_144545775.jpg
    Functional and room for a Sera works for me! What more do you need?
    David Proehl

My VIN:    3937

Here's how I keep my screw drivers in the garage. Definitely not fancy. Or expensive. Just functional. Piece of wood with a bunch of evenly spaced out holes drilled in it and then screwed into the studs with a couple of L brackets. Makes good use of a small amount of space and they are always right there where I need them, when I need them.

IMG_1081.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Did a garage remodel this past October/November. Here is the list of all that was completed + before and after photos:
    Before.jpg
    After.jpg
    - Remove old crusty workbench and dated/dim fluorescent ceiling lights
    - Fill hundreds of holes in stucco walls and ceiling drywall
    - Re-wire electrical as needed and relocate 60amp 14-50 outlet between doors for EV charging
    - Install 60' retractable hose reel next to water heater for vehicle washing
    - Paint entire garage Benjamin Moore PM-1 white
    - Install 1" wide frosted lens interconnected LED strip lighting in 6500K. 7 4-ft. tubes used (BRIGHT!)
    - Install screw-less electrical outlet covers
    - Strip whatever floor coating was there and apply polyurea marine coating in grey with heavy flakes and low-gloss top coat (not slippery)
    - Install NewAge BOLD 3.0 7-piece cabinet set w/extra base cabinet for Red Bull fridge. Applied gloss STEK PPF to stainless worktop for scratch protection. Power strip w/USB ports added. (speakers, Bluetooth, neon sign, etc...)
    - Install remote controlled color-changing LED strip on top of cabinets at rear
    - Magnetic spice rack for spray bottles and shop towel dispensing
    - Install 2 18" Air King commercial fans at backwall. Controlled with existing switch on wall (Model 931
    - Install 3D printed Nürburgring track on door to house
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

That is great! Looks so clean! Love the flooring. Any ideas on wall hangings, decorations?
    David Proehl

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    That is great! Looks so clean! Love the flooring. Any ideas on wall hangings, decorations?
    Thanks. My entire neighborhood is jealous of the floor - it truly is amazing and I'm beyond happy with it. I have some laminated framed vintage 1950's auto advertisements I'm hanging as well as some other ideas in the pipeline including was water-jet cut stainless DMC letters to go somewhere. I like the clean minimalist look so the walls will not be loaded with stuff.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

I have a large workbench with a big vise mounted to it. I keep my toolboxes small enough and light enough that they can be easily carried so I can do work "mobile". When they are home they sit on the bench. Tools are segregated according to the size of the job and type of work. I also have a 3 car garage and a lift. 11 feet is just enough height for low cars. Among the things to get are heat, good lighting, plenty of outlets, 220 electric for the lift and welder, door bumpers on the walls so you don't hurt the doors, wheel stops so you know where to stop with the car, an air compressor for tires, and air tools, a sink to wash up in, and don't get an epoxy floor. It scratches up way too easily. I did it and now I am sorry. Just get the floor sealed, no color unless you don't care what it costs and you get terrazzo (very expensive!). Insulated garage doors and a high lift door with a jackshaft opener so you can fit the lift in and not hit the door. I painted the walls and ceiling gloss white. On the walls there is a black 2" stripe at 5 feet and from the stripe to the floor is a semi-gloss light grey. Reflects light well and is easy to clean. I have a bunch of 8' 2 and 4 bulb fluorescent lights and I added lights to the underside of the lift for lighting underneath. A lockbox for keys to all of the vehicles. A mobile cart with all of the cleaning and detailing supplies. A central vacuum with a long hose. A Master Blaster to dry the cars when you wash them. A pressure washer to blast the dirt and cover it with foam to clean them. A retractable reel for the water hose and the air hose. A nice large clock so you know when to stop for dinner. A radio is nice and a phone you can reach. A BIG fire extinguisher. Some of the accessories you will need are, jackstands, floor jack, shelving, fender covers and old towels. Several rechargeable LED magnetic lights. No one starts out with all of this stuff, you usually accumulate it over the years as you need it. Then there is the trailer so you can take the car long distances or bring back "dead" ones to work on. It needs a bunch of it's own stuff like winches, straps, etc. Having a nice place to work is great. A clean, well organized place is so nice to work in. Beats working on the ground outside in the weather in the dark! I am getting too old for that!

Timeless, what kind of floor is that and who did it? I did epoxy and it gets all scratched up. I went with the light grey with the speckles. They grind the concrete and then put one coat of grey with the speckles and then a clear over it.
    Last edited by David T; 01-13-2021 at 04:24 PM.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast