FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Garage Ideas - Post Your Photos!

My VIN:    05457

Need Garage Ideas - Post Your Photos!

Next year I'm planning to do some work on my garage. I'd like to do just about everything: coated floors, cabinets, workbench, heat, etc. I'll do a lift eventually, but probably not right away. I have a standard 3 car wide garage and a ceiling that is at about 11 feet (I'm out of the country right now and can't measure to confirm, it might be 10 feet). I will have 3 cars to park in the garage, so no pinball, couch or other game room type stuff will work for me.

I'd love to see ideas from everyone on what you have done, brands of cabinets you'd recommend, or companies you've worked with that do interior design work for this type of thing.

I'd like it to be DeLorean themed so my initial thoughts are black trimed stainless cabinets and grey and black speckled epoxy flooring. This is also a good chance to hide or get rid of some of my garage clutter. Finally, what art do you display? I have a 1/3 scale dealer sign to hang but I'm also thinking maybe favorite photos of my car or vintage photos from the DMC plant.

I've attached some poor photos of my garage in its current state for reference below. Thanks in advance for your ideas!

garage 1.jpg garage 2.jpg
    David Proehl

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

You don’t have any toolboxes or workbenches? I have a three-car garage too, and I can barely squeeze in the Delorean.

091739BA-6910-4AE5-BFF6-1E101D4E39AC.jpg 6A1875A6-ECCA-4A1D-995A-B1029B82640A.jpg 3914EED7-15F9-44E3-9E9F-0EEF64228FA9.jpg
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

No, I don't have any of that. In the 12 years I've owned the DeLorean I've made due with using the lid of my trash can as a workbench and tools spread across shelving or the floor. It is a bit of a mess and certainly not convenient. I'd like to put things together a bit nicer now.

I'm thinking something along the lines of examples shown at https://www.garageliving.com/. Something with a clean look.

Here is one of their images. Not sure where my snowblower would sit in a setup like that.
    xhero-carbon-lrg.jpg.pagespeed.ic.QRvcMR_uaQ.jpg
    Last edited by DavidProehl; 04-06-2020 at 01:59 AM.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I thought you were moving over the pond at some point, or was that someone else?
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

I too have a standard 3 car, wish it was a 3.5 or our neighborhood allowed sheds, so I wouldn't have to keep lawn equipment inside... A 10 ft ceiling is a bit low for a lift if you plan to put a car underneath your DeLorean unless it is super low. I have 9' and 10' ceilings, due to a support beam, so no lift for me. However, if you just use it to work on the car it should be fine. I will snap some pictures later to show you what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    I thought you were moving over the pond at some point, or was that someone else?
    That is me. I'm in Singapore now. I should update my location on my profile here. I still have my house in the US though, and the DeLorean. The plan was to be back every few months, but this COVID business sure is messing that plan up. Anyway, still doing projects at the house, and hoping to work on the garage next year during trips back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    I too have a standard 3 car, wish it was a 3.5 or our neighborhood allowed sheds, so I wouldn't have to keep lawn equipment inside... A 10 ft ceiling is a bit low for a lift if you plan to put a car underneath your DeLorean unless it is super low. I have 9' and 10' ceilings, due to a support beam, so no lift for me. However, if you just use it to work on the car it should be fine. I will snap some pictures later to show you what I mean.
    Awesome, would love to see the photos when you get the chance!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

My Delorean has space at the back section of my garage. I'm lucking that it has enough space to work as a shop.

GarageView1.jpg

My VIN:    10110

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mhanch View Post
    My Delorean has space at the back section of my garage. I'm lucking that it has enough space to work as a shop.

GarageView1.jpg
    Which Roku model are you running on your Garage TV?

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

It's the original Roku Stick. I had it leftover so I threw it up on the wall. good for Amazon Music and videos. but not the fastest.

Quote Originally Posted by mhanch View Post

GarageView1.jpg
    Nice! Thanks for sharing. For such a small space you have used it incredibly well. Looks great! I really like your storage, very organized. Your rolling toolbox is an excellent idea. Makes for a lot less running back and forth.
    David Proehl

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast