FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need Garage Ideas - Post Your Photos!

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Holy run-on paragraph! Sounds great - any photos?
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    I have a bunch of 8' 2 and 4 bulb fluorescent lights and I added lights to the underside of the lift for lighting underneath.
    Dump the fluorescents and get LED. SUPER bright especially for aging eyesight and they don't take space (1")

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

I am currently in the process of moving so I get to do the garage all over again. I am looking into LED lighting. Not only is it brighter, it is way more efficient. I was not happy with the way the floor came out in my current garage so I am looking for better ideas. The floor in your garage looks spectacular. Another thing I don't like about the epoxy is when it gets wet it gets REALLY slippery! But if you make it too rough you can't easily sweep it or mop it. Can you elaborate on how you did the floor? Was it ground down or chemically etched? How many coats, etc?
    David Teitelbaum

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Holy run-on paragraph! Sounds great - any photos?

My garage is a small 2 car garage, well lit, good for simple jobs.

20200206_193714.jpg

But I use my neighbor's setup for most big jobs. Has plenty of room and a lift. It was a big hit at our East Tennessee tech meet(as well as the relaxed mask orders we enjoyed). I need to replace an axle boot next.

20200905_120510.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 01-13-2021 at 08:04 PM.

I am currently in the process of moving so I get to do the garage all over again. I am looking into LED lighting. Not only is it brighter, it is way more efficient. I was not happy with the way the floor came out in my current garage so I am looking for better ideas. The floor in your garage looks spectacular. Another thing I don't like about the epoxy is when it gets wet it gets REALLY slippery! But if you make it too rough you can't easily sweep it or mop it. Can you elaborate on how you did the floor? Was it ground down or chemically etched? How many coats, etc?
    My floor is polyurea and LOW gloss with heavy chip treatment. NO SLIPPING even during rainy south FL summers and highly resistant to humidity. Original coating (paint?) was ground away and 2 coats applied before the chips. I've been in plenty of high-end garages over the years and seen all kinds of floor treatments. This floor takes the cake.
    ~LXA~

Exactly what product did you use for the floor, manufacturer and product name. Chips too. So you did grind first. Makes a horrible mess! But at least it isn't acid!
    David Teitelbaum

Exactly what product did you use for the floor, manufacturer and product name. Chips too. So you did grind first. Makes a horrible mess! But at least it isn't acid!
    Here's some detailed info: https://allgaragefloors.com/polyurea...rtic-coatings/

Must grind first unless it's new concrete. There CANNOT be any oil, grease, stains, dirt, etc... otherwise any coating will lift/crack after some time. I believe it was a Benjamin Moore product.
    ~LXA~

Here's some detailed info: https://allgaragefloors.com/polyurea...rtic-coatings/

Must grind first unless it's new concrete. There CANNOT be any oil, grease, stains, dirt, etc... otherwise any coating will lift/crack after some time. I believe it was a Benjamin Moore product.
    Did you use the 1 part or the 2 part? How was the smell?
    David Teitelbaum

Did you use the 1 part or the 2 part? How was the smell?
    2. Strong smell but overbearing. Couple weeks with door open a few hours per day and it went away.
    ~LXA~

2. Strong smell but overbearing. Couple weeks with door open a few hours per day and it went away.
    There is now a 1 part Polyurea coating being offered. Supposed to be just as good with much less smell. I am going to have to check with some local contractors that do this stuff and see what they offer. Between the grinding of the concrete and the smell of the coating, I will pay to have it done. Hopefully before I move in. Thanks for the info Timeless.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast