FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Parts purchase failure - unscrupulous owner warning

My VIN:    4519

Parts purchase failure - unscrupulous owner warning

At the end of December, Shawn Seay listed a new DPI exhaust on "DeLorean Cars and Parts For Sale."

I bought the exhaust, but when it arrived it was missing all the installation hardware & gaskets and had a small dent/dimple in the muffler(full disclosure: cosmetic damage only.) Included in the box was a few gaskets that have nothing to do with the exhaust.

He acknowledged the issue, apologized for not sending the complete kit, and gave me his word he'd make it right.

Around the same time he had a family situation, so I was sympathetic and patient. I gently reminded him at the end of February, then throughout March.

He continued to have explanations related to a grandmother passing, but after 2 months I ran out of patience. When I kindly asked him to send the parts within 2 weeks, he went radio-silent.

After 2 weeks I opened a case with PayPal and he resumed contact with me...only to play the victim. He also said I'd get the parts, and said "they're sent." That was the last contact I had with him; he blocked me on Facebook, and he didn't send the parts he claimed were in a box ready to ship.

I got a quote for the missing parts, PayPal ruled in my favor for a partial refund (I only requested enough to cover the missing items,) and I'm ordering the parts this weekend.

Just wanted to give a heads-up to other owners: he appeared to be liquidating some of his parts stock, so you may see future parts listings.....buyers beware.

He appears to have a victim mentality, so it's likely he'll try to blast me about the situation. I have screenshots supporting all of the above, and will share freely.

Listing.jpg
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 04-18-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Disappointing to hear this. Sorry you had to deal with this, Rich.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Disappointing to hear this. Sorry you had to deal with this, Rich.
    Thanks Pat, stuff happens....hopefully nobody else got (or gets) stung.

My VIN:    2706

Screw that guy. Good to know. Sorry Rich that stinks !

I received my order of parts from DPI. Wow, that's a lot of stuff that the other dude(Shawn) didn't send!

Looks like quality parts...very happy with what I see!
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 04-23-2020 at 08:06 PM.