FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hervey's Fuel Pump

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Hervey's Fuel Pump

I think it may be time to change out my fuel pump soon... anyone have any experience with Hervey's "New High Volume" replacement pump?

Also, I've never replaced a fuel pump before... looks pretty straight forward... undo the two fuel lines, electrical connections, and pick-up hose; pull the old one out; and reverse the procedure to install the new unit. Correct?

Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

My VIN:    16409

People have said Hervey's new fuel pump doesn't live up to expectations. You may want to just go with the pump from DMCH. That's what I put in my car, and it's working fine.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    6650

Just installed his pump kit today, this is my second pump since buying the car in 1996. I org. bought one from Delorean One the year I purchased the car, it lasted until this year and failed due to ethanol additive gas. I took the car on a test run today and it runs great with the new pump. Time will tell if it stands up or not. It was very easy to install and seemed quieter than my previous pump.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

I put in his power pump about a month ago - so far so good. I should point out that Hervey has much better warranty options than Houston.

If you are doing the pump, consider replacing the two fuel lines running to it, the electrical harness (12" or so long) the pickup screen, and the pickup hose (with spring inside it). It may be a good time to do the fuel filter too.

There is lot of info and opinions about Herveys updated baffle here too - read about it and see if you want to go that way.

Tom
    Last edited by TTait; 09-16-2011 at 08:56 PM.

My VIN:    10718

Howdy folks,

Well, I debated doing the job myself... based on Martin's video it seems like a job that I could probably do myself (or at least have some fun trying). Since I had the pick-up hose replaced within the year, I wouldn't have had to mess with the baffle.

But as it turned out, I needed to get a few things done to my car at DMC-CA, so I opted to simply let them handle the job.

Thanks to all for the input/advice, and the great video tutorial, Martin!

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDMC12 View Post
    Well, I debated doing the job myself... based on Martin's video it seems like a job that I could probably do myself (or at least have some fun trying). Since I had the pick-up hose replaced within the year, I wouldn't have had to mess with the baffle.
    Fuel pump replacement is super easty. It takes me more time to empty my trunk than it takes to do the actual work.

There's a lot that can easily go wrong with a fuel pump install.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    There's a lot that can easily go wrong with a fuel pump install.
    Not if your baffle is a tuna fish can or whatever it is Hervey is using.

My VIN:    06357

I replced all the insides of the fuel tank following that video And it was quite easy ! Fuel pump was good, but I replaced the filter the steel and rubber return line, the pick-up hose, etc... Went like a charm thanks to this video.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast