FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Question about the gas filler

My VIN:    15190

Question about the gas filler

I noticed the spring inside the gas filler is getting weak. What would be the right procedure to get it fixed?
    IMG_6014.jpg

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Outright replacement of the unit is the only way to correct this. Refurbished units do not receive any type of tear down service and or spring removal and replacement since the filler is a welded assembly. They are simply acid dipped and cad plated. This is the case with ours but we are stringent on core condition. I.E we will not replate and sell one with heavy body corrosion and or a broken or weak spring.

We do have plans to make another stainless batch but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Gas filler on our site:
    https://deloreanindustries.com/46-gas-filler/
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Outright replacement of the unit is the only way to correct this. Refurbished units do not receive any type of tear down service and or spring removal and replacement since the filler is a welded assembly. They are simply acid dipped and cad plated. This is the case with ours but we are stringent on core condition. I.E we will not replate and sell one with heavy body corrosion and or a broken or weak spring.

We do have plans to make another stainless batch but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Gas filler on our site:
    https://deloreanindustries.com/46-gas-filler/
    Thank you,
    As my gas filler looks great and has no rust, I was hoping it is reparable but sure I understand...

Question about the gas filler

I removed the gas filler and noticed the spring wasn’t sitting well. I cleaned it all and put it back correctly,
    Now it’s all good

Last edited by mburshtain; 04-25-2020 at 12:50 AM.