Quote Originally Posted by northeast dmc View Post
Thanks for the feedback, I am guilty of adjusting it, slightly without using the dwell. And now that I have the timing dialed in and will get the dwell and fine tune the CO adjustment should put me in good shape. And hopefully work through the fuel issue. Then on to getting some of the finer details worked out.
Well the saga continues. I finally emtied the fuel tank, cleaned it out, put fresh gas in ans still crud in the tank. Not sure what I missed. The bigger issue is after I clean the screens on the fuel pump, put it back together it wont acelerate. Starts fine idles fine but cant accelerate, if I get out and manipulate the pressure plate while moving the throttle it will run fine. I am thinking vacuum leak, but why wouldnt it show up initially? This morning I went out started it right up like it always does, drove 7 miles or so shut it off got my coffee, went back out it started right up and yup like every time cant accelerate beyond say 1300 rpm, tach gauge is alittle erratic. Drive home clean the screens, and it wont go beyond the certain rpm. If I let it sit and cool down in the past it will run fine. Is there something heat related that might cause a vacuum leak after it gets hot?
Any help greatly appreciated, would like to get beyond this so I can work on the other items that need attention.