FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Mid-State Delorean Club shocks

Mid-State Delorean Club shocks

Hi,

I have the Mid-State Delorean club shocks on my car. They still feel fine, but the front top bushings are completely shot. Anyone know a proper replacement for those bushings? I reached out to Marty Maier but I don't know if he's active in this stuff anymore, and the email was an old @aol.com address.
    Last edited by dmcerik; 05-10-2020 at 01:15 PM.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If you take what's left of the old rubber to an auto supply they should be able to match you up with something that will work.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    If you take what's left of the old rubber to an auto supply they should be able to match you up with something that will work.
    Thanks David. Marty Maier still uses the @aol account I emailed earlier and responded back. For anyone interested, and for the archives I guess, replacement bushings for these shocks are Dorman part number 31019

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    Thanks David. Marty Maier still uses the @aol account I emailed earlier and responded back. For anyone interested, and for the archives I guess, replacement bushings for these shocks are Dorman part number 31019
    Thanks for posting this. While my bushings are still ok, I have the exact same Marty Maier shocks on my car (since 2007), and will make a note of the information. Also, it's nice to see someone else out there running the same shocks!
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    00910

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. While my bushings are still ok, I have the exact same Marty Maier shocks on my car (since 2007), and will make a note of the information. Also, it's nice to see someone else out there running the same shocks!
    Just an FYI, KYB made changes to their design which makes the mid-state kit unavailable anymore. I've got them as well - enjoy them while they last 'cause they're no longer possible.
    Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.

I put the new bushings on my car the other day and have put about 100 miles on the car since then. I guess I got really used to those noisy bushings because driving the car now feels amazing.