FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: VIN 5510 - Bill's DeLorean Restoration

My VIN:    5510

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Could you update this thread every time you put up a new video? I know I could subscribe, but I strongly object to Utube s censorship policies. I won't say I never watch them, but I will not subscribe to it. I would really prefer you post it on anther platform, but I understand if you don't feel like it.

Great project, BTW.
    Yes, I will absolutely post here! I agree with you on not being a fan of YouTube's policies. Do you have a suggested platform that you'd like?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post
    Yes, I will absolutely post here! I agree with you on not being a fan of YouTube's policies. Do you have a suggested platform that you'd like?
    I don't pretend to be an expert on computers, so this might not be a good site.

https://ugetube.com/videos/category/2

Also - some really good news!

I won an auction this morning for a 2019 Chevy Bolt LT that will be the EV donor for my build! My fingers will be crossed for the next two weeks until it arrives and I can make sure the wheels spin.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post
    Also - some really good news!

I won an auction this morning for a 2019 Chevy Bolt LT that will be the EV donor for my build! My fingers will be crossed for the next two weeks until it arrives and I can make sure the wheels spin.
    Congrats! I'm excited to watch your build as you progress. I've been enjoying following along on your Youtube channel so far.

For the past few days I've been working hard on the EV conversion! Step 1 is to gut the DeLorean and remove the engine, transmission, and all gas components. This is now done!

IMG_1026_small.jpg

The DeLorean is going to sit like this, empty, for at least 3 months or so, until I can get the parts from the donor prepped and ready to go. My Chevy Bolt donor should be here in just a few days, on Saturday. Total delivered price is looking to be about $13k. Once it's here and I'm 100% certain, I'll post a breakdown of the cost. Currently when I search online for a used 2019 with DC Fast Charging, they're $20k!! And that doesn't take into account tax, title, and delivery fees.

My VIN:    6125

I just searched through your thread but couldn't find any info on the front LCA supports you have installed. Do you have any more info on those?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I just searched through your thread but couldn't find any info on the front LCA supports you have installed. Do you have any more info on those?
    They are the supports from DPI!

https://deloreanindustries.com/delor...r-arm-support/

No complaints from me at all - easy to install and seem to work. I'll really be putting them through their paces once the battery is installed up front.

Newest video is up! This one showing the removal of the internal combustion engine.

https://youtu.be/W_Fbzzugni8

A quick update on the donor - total cost was $13,229.88, which includes the cost of Copart membership, auction price, buyer's fee, virtual bid fee, gate fee, sales tax, storage fees, and transportation costs. I've already got the donor running and driving, at least as much as the rear wheels (which are destroyed and sitting on dollies) will let me. The next video update will likely be talking about the process to buy the donor and a break down of costs.

My VIN:    4519

Very cool Bill! I like your videos, you do a great job filming and narrating.

Very quality video! Easy to watch. I like that you pretty much show every single detail. Fast forward is fine, but Please don't change the style. The narrative is great.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast