FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grady anti-rattle clips

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Here are the front ones installed.

Attachment 63818

Nick posted a pic of the rear ones above, mine are the same style as that.

Overall one of the easier jobs I've done on this car! The hardest part was squeezing the springs in between the pads on the front. What I ended up doing was sticking the new rod through one hole and the old one through the other, then fitting the ends of the spring onto the ends of the rods and wigging the coils of the spring further up on the rods until I could compress it enough to slide the new rod all the way through.

Might not get to test drive it til I go back to work in another 10 days but there's a construction zone on the on-ramp with concrete dividers and I always hear the rattle as I go through that corridor so I'll listen up and see if I hear a difference.
    I did this but removed them quickly. Since it pushes the pads far away from the rotor you have increased pedal travel. Makes the brakes feel very strange and is a little unsafe imo.

Mind you I used stiffer springs than the ones pictured.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10907

I drove it to work a couple days this week and didn't notice any significant changes in the braking action, although it's never exactly stopped on a dime to begin with.

I forgot to listen for the rattling, but hopefully the fact that I didn't notice it is a good sign...

My VIN:    10270

"Meh" brake performance is usually the tires. Especially if you can lock the wheels on a hard stop. But traction is a hard problem to solve in stock tires sizes.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    10907

Hmm, I have Ohtsus on the front that have about 23K miles on them, rears are Cobras that I just got a few months ago. They're the correct sizes but prior to replacing the rears I had Ohtsus in the 225 size. Both sets were new when I bought the car but for some reason the rears wore out faster. I'm not doing burnouts, I swear!

My VIN:    10270

Once you get good at threshold braking you'll probably find that its easy to lock up the wheels on those tires. Seems like all of the 14/15 tires out there have high treadwear / low traction.

If you can't lock up the wheels with a good stab of the pedal then the brakes need help.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Hmm, I have Ohtsus on the front that have about 23K miles on them, rears are Cobras that I just got a few months ago. They're the correct sizes but prior to replacing the rears I had Ohtsus in the 225 size. Both sets were new when I bought the car but for some reason the rears wore out faster. I'm not doing burnouts, I swear!
    The rear tires do support more weight, so that could be part of it. Also it’s common for drive tires to wear out quicker than non drive tires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2