FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DMCH Reproduction Dashboards

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    I got a quote back from them, but forgot to include the glovebox lid into that. Below is what they responded with.

Our current lead time is approximately 4 months from the time we receive your parts.
    Here is an approximate cost of your restoration:
    $600 Inst. Hood
    $1,200 Large Piece; speaker holes $50
    $200-300 Color Match & Painting Fee
    *No extra charge for black
    + Shipping
    Not too much of a price bump considering the other quote was from 5 years ago.

If you've got parts that are not salvageable ~2K isn't that bad for a binnacle and dash. I think I paid close to $600 for a fiberglass reproduction binnacle 8 years ago or whenever those were made.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Not too much of a price bump considering the other quote was from 5 years ago.

If you've got parts that are not salvageable ~2K isn't that bad for a binnacle and dash. I think I paid close to $600 for a fiberglass reproduction binnacle 8 years ago or whenever those were made.
    The fiberglass binnacles were $400 (I just checked my receipt folder)
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    The fiberglass binnacles were $400 (I just checked my receipt folder)
    I often forget that I have the fiberglass one in my car. So glad I bought that and sold my mint binnacle while it was still looking mint.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

When I bought my car back in 1999 the dashboard and binnacle were toast. Cracked, burned, all the gross stuff. But the car came with a dash cover that actually looked pretty nice. When the reproduction dash boards came out I bought one, but never installed it. Now, almost 21 years after I bought my car, I still have that same dashboard and binnacle that I had when I bought the car. I've had that interior for so long that it's the only interior I've known. The one my daughter grew up in.

It's funny. I can't imagine changing the interior as it is right now. Any other interior wouldn't feel like my car that I've had for so long. I still quote stuff out though. Cuz you just never know.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Instead of going with the DMCH dash, I decided to cover mine with a strong leather looking upholstery along with the glove box lid. There is a little bit of a color difference but I'd rather have that than a ridiculous looking burned up cracked dash. Just dashes was the next option and the price isn't bad considering I just got a quote from them @ $1,300 for my 1957 Cadillac dash.
    -----Dan B.

Thanks all. I may just opt to get the dash recovered again, but, using a different company and different material. The last company that recovered it, it didn’t last for longer than 9 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2