FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Fused Fan Fail Module Circuit Breaker Bypass Install

My VIN:    4626

Fused Fan Fail Module Circuit Breaker Bypass Install

I purchased the fan fail module from Dave McKeen and wondering how to install the bypass wire that comes with the kit. Wondering if anyone has a picture of how to install this. I asked Dave but still a little confused.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

How long is the bypass wire Dave supplied?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    4626

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    How long is the bypass wire Dave supplied?
    Roughly 4 inches

My VIN:    03572

You lift the relay bank, pull one pin from the fan relay socket, pull another pin from the fan fail socket and install that jumper in those blank pin locations. Look at the colors on you fan circuit breaker. Those are the wires you pull from the relay sockets. Schematic shows brown/orange and brown/slate but I think mine were both brown/orange.

FYI:
    Those breaker wires run all the way to center large harness and then run all the way back to the sockets. Just in case you want to remove the breaker and it's 5 or 6 foot of wire from the harness.

My jumper wire is 10 AWG 300 volt, 4 inches long with relay pins crimped on in case anyone want's to build one.
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 05-24-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    You lift the relay bank, pull one pin from the fan relay socket, pull another pin from the fan fail socket and install that jumper in those blank pin locations. Look at the colors on you fan circuit breaker. Those are the wires you pull from the relay sockets. Schematic shows brown/orange and brown/slate but I think mine were both brown/orange.
    + 1

I have also seen Black/0range used instead of the Brown/Orange. Which is strange because Black/ with tracer is usually reserved for the intermediate Ground side of the primary circuit.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.