FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DeLorean vs Porsche 911: YouTube showdown

My VIN:    5999

Awesome video! I was actually looking at used Porsche Caymans, before settling on the Delorean. I had to pause the video to see you to how you kept your engine bay so clean and tidy, then realized there's no AC compressor. I guess you can get away with that in cooler climates. Keep up the great work, can't wait to see the next video.

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Its a legit comparison video. Delorean for sure wins on cool points. nobody looks at my 911 when I drive it, but everyone does when I drive the D.

Quote Originally Posted by mark w View Post
    Its a legit comparison video. Delorean for sure wins on cool points. nobody looks at my 911 when I drive it, but everyone does when I drive the D.
    Isn’t it funny how that works? I have a new Mustang that I think is gorgeous but it’s so common no one bats an eye when I drive by. And yet I can’t drive down the road in the DeLorean without seeing cell phones snapping away. If it’s attention you want it’s extremely difficult to beat the DeLorean without spending a pile of money.

My VIN:    7176

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    I really enjoy both of your videos (I've watched the original one several times). I like how you break down myths, and frame DeLoreans with proper perspective. Most importantly it's refreshing that you're honest about the DeLorean's inadequacies and poke fun at the quality & reliability issues. You could have easily edited those issues out, but you didn't. So many DeLorean owners are just exhaustingly humorless when it comes to the shortcomings of the car/company/man.

Oh, and your seats are gorgeous btw. I'm guessing those are from DeLoreanGo?

I was actually looking at 80s 911 prices the same day you posted your latest video. It's interesting that DeLorean asking prices are now roughly on par with 80s 911 asking prices stateside (930 Turbos notwithstanding). It certainly is vindicating that the DeLorean is finally being taken seriously as a historic automobile.
    Hey, thanks Louie! Yes - I think there’s a balanced honest take on the car which I haven’t seen that much of. People either seem to think the car is total trash or a perfect piece of art and engineering. Of course neither is true for any car!

As for the seats - I think they’re OEM covers refitted by Lee Pattinson in the UK, back in 2009 so the drivers one isn’t holding up as well as the passenger seat!
    | DCUK 027 | VIN 7176 | London, UK |

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jerzybondov View Post
    Hey, thanks Louie! Yes - I think there’s a balanced honest take on the car which I haven’t seen that much of. People either seem to think the car is total trash or a perfect piece of art and engineering. Of course neither is true for any car!
    Kudos to the properly reserved James May-alike British slightly snarky presentation. Both this and the other US recent video are excellent - I'm all over proper criticism of the car.

Last week a brand new, silver corvette pulled up across the street - sure, it's nice enough (and I'm not really a Corvette fan), but it too is not the dog's bollocks.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

It's really hard to compare 2 old cars. Their condition is very affected by how they are taken care of. One measure is to compare what they cost new and what the market considers they are worth now. Don't forget it is a lot more expensive to keep a 911 in good condition than a Delorean. The Delorean would be the better investment if you bought one new compared to the 911, the 911 is somewhere in the high $50K and you would have spent a lot more to keep it in "good knick". It was an interesting comparison but as he stated, the 911 had many years of refinement compared to the Delorean so is it a fair comparison?
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2