FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Megasquirt question for Eagle 3.0 conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    This is perfect.
    @Josh,

When you had your 3.0 engine, did you use a Jeep throttle body attached to the air intake of the 3.0 using a custom adapter plate? Was there a reason you didn't use the throttle body that came with the 3.0? I picked up a Jeep one for like $10 and before I start making a custom adapter plate for it, I wanted to see what the reason was behind it.

Thanks!

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    @Josh,

When you had your 3.0 engine, did you use a Jeep throttle body attached to the air intake of the 3.0 using a custom adapter plate? Was there a reason you didn't use the throttle body that came with the 3.0? I picked up a Jeep one for like $10 and before I start making a custom adapter plate for it, I wanted to see what the reason was behind it.

Thanks!
    I used that one because the Jeep IAC works well with mega squirt and is well outlined in the documentation.

I have some spare adapters and tb cable brackets I can mail you one.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    As far as I know, I am the only one running a MAF EFI system in a DeLorean. The settings will remain the same for the rest of the tune except you'll run a MAF curve for fueling - all you really need is a good flow curve for the MAF you choose to run and you don't have to screw around trying to figure out a fuel table. From there, you can alter the curve as needed or you can alter the fuel table if you need to tweak some things (you still get a fuel table but it's all 0’s when you use a MAF curve, you can + or – as needed). The rest of the settings are the same regardless of fueling.

For me, going MAF based just sort of happened. I wanted to keep the B280F pretty much as ‘drop in’ as possible meaning I would be using the Bosch MAF it came with. So I traced the wiring and the issues began once I found this particular MAF had a ‘burn off’ feature. I’ll skip the whole explanation on what that is and just admit that I couldn’t figure out a simple way to implement it. The next issue was I could only find a very limited flow curve for that particular sensor and had to pretty much calculate, as best as I could, what the rest of the curve might be. It ran, but it ran poorly. I started looking at sensors and what others in the Megasquirt community, as a whole, were running and ended up with a 6-wire Ford MAF along with a pretty detailed curve. It ran great. I went with the “6 wire” sensor because it also has an IAT built in, like the original Bosch did – one less sensor to worry about installing somewhere.

Because I am still working during these lovely times, it may take me a day or two to send but I will PM you my tune.

Below is a photo of my setup. It is certainly no beautiful LS yet, it is a little dirty and I still really need to do something about the air filter location but at least it is done and reliably going down the road.

I was poking thru the MAF tables in tunerstudio looks to be very simple compared to all the hoops you need to jump through with the 0411/P01 (gm) ecu. The nice thing about the P01s (and others I assume) is that they blend the VE and MAF tables. It looks like with Megasquirt and tunerstudio it is one or the other. No big deal, but could be better. However I will not argue with the option for MAF as most standalones do not offer this, especially coupled with oddfire support.

I will be using a GM "LS7" card style MAF. They are fairly popular and give a lot of range and mounting options, also includes the IAT.

No worries on the tune, but certainly looking forward to seeing it.

Im looking forward to getting back into megasquirt/tunerstudio. While all tuning is the same concept using hptuners is not so straight forward. Data logging itself is completely different.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I used that one because the Jeep IAC works well with mega squirt and is well outlined in the documentation.

I have some spare adapters and tb cable brackets I can mail you one.
    That would be great! How much?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3