FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: SS Front lower arm Support Kit (Proper Installation-Mounting Direction L vs R) ?

SS Front lower arm Support Kit (Proper Installation-Mounting Direction L vs R) ?

Hey guys

I bought the SS Front Lower arm Support Kit from Deloreango aka Delorean Europe/Ed's
    https://www.deloreango.com/pub/media...upport-kit.jpg

https://www.deloreango.com/pub/media...m-supports.jpg

https://www.deloreango.com/pub/media...ension-arm.jpg

Is there a difference between the Driver vs Pass Side?

I believe there is because I am having alignment issues on one side with the way it bolts up.

I've seen photos of the old (steel/black) version and those were stamped with L/F, L/R, R/F, R/R
    and it looks like there is a slight change of angle on 2 of the braces compared to the other 2.
    https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8HFo1Dshg...0/DSC08429.JPG

I can't find any photos or instructions of proper mounting direction of the braces.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    D
    Last edited by n_tensetuning; 06-25-2020 at 12:05 PM.

DeLorean Club UK DeLoreanGo Arran's Avatar

My VIN:    1764

Club(s):   (DCH)

Here are some pictures showing the 4 pieces (i.e. LF LR, RF, RR), plus a further photo with 2 red circles showing the 2 places to look to work out which is which.

arms1.jpgarms2.jpgarms3.jpgarms4.jpgidentify.jpg

Thank You Arran!

A picture is worth a thousand words!

That's exactly what I needed to clearly see the right mounting orientation between Drivers side (left) vs Pass Side (right).

I see clearly now in your last pic with the 2 red circles, that the round ends of the brackets are pointing up on (Right side) vs down for the (Left side)

That's explains why I'm having a tough time.... My right side brackets have the round ends pointing down.

Can't wait to sort this out and finally tighten everything up : D

p/s it might be a good idea to get the location Letters stamped on each bracket (like in previous editions) to eliminate confusion.

Thanks again
    D

DeLorean Club UK DeLoreanGo Arran's Avatar

My VIN:    1764

Club(s):   (DCH)

If by "round ends" you mean the "feature" that is in the smaller of two red circles, this, in all 8 cases, is nearest the floor/road/pavement.

You realise that pictures 3/4 (the right side) the setup is depicted upside down in my photo, vs how it would install on a car...? The pictures are just trying to show the things from all angles, it is just the yellow markers that you should be looking at.

Just to further clarify:
    LF = Left Front
    RF = Right Front
    LR = Left Rear
    RR = Right Rear

Left means the left hand side of the car if you are sat in it looking forwards - i.e. the drivers side of the car. "Front" is where the gas tank is, "Rear" is where the engine is.

Put another way: The rounded "hump" points downwards at all times, and the more extreme-angled Z shaped piece is the "rear" one on both sides.

Thanks for clarifying Arran

Yep, I realized after that the last pics of the Right Side are Upside down..... no way to fit them up with Round ends pointed up.

I verified I have all braces with round ends pointing down to ground, and all "z" shaped/wider brackets towards rear of car as shown in your photos.

For some reason the bushing on the Right Rear brace that bolts up thru strut, keeps walking outward when tightening.... despite me having used thicker washers behind each bushing.

D