FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Vented Front Brakes using Caliper Spacers Kit

Vented Front Brakes using Caliper Spacers Kit

Hi guys

Just curious if others have had good success using the Caliper Spacers Kit to open up Calipers for running Vented Rotors?

I had a hard time trying to get the 38 ft lbs of torque (historically recommended by Robert Grady) on the New/Longer bolts that come with spacers.
    Especially on the smaller bolts.... and even had 1 of the smaller/14mm head bolts snap on me trying to hit >35 ft lbs.

I'm running this kit:
    https://www.deloreango.com/pub/media...rotors-kit.jpg

Thanks
    Dave M

Quote Originally Posted by n_tensetuning View Post
    Hi guys

Just curious if others have had good success using the Caliper Spacers Kit to open up Calipers for running Vented Rotors?

I had a hard time trying to get the 38 ft lbs of torque (historically recommended by Robert Grady) on the New/Longer bolts that come with spacers.
    Especially on the smaller bolts.... and even had 1 of the smaller/14mm head bolts snap on me trying to hit >35 ft lbs.

I'm running this kit:
    https://www.deloreango.com/pub/media...rotors-kit.jpg

Thanks
    Dave M
    Worked well for me, no issues with torquing etc. No leaks....

1981 DMC 12- Black
    VIN 46**
    Alameda CA

Thanks for chiming in gluaisrothaii

I'm guessing I just had a bad bolt with 1 of the smaller ones breaking on me...

I was a bit scared with the 38 ft lbs on the smaller bolts..... I had to go slow and in increments.... it felt like I was going to break them or the thread.

I was thinking about grinding down the spacers to match up with the exact shape of the calipers..... would not stick out anymore and look more like OEM.

I'm thinking it will be okay since there is plenty of meat/material on the spacers.... perhaps the only reason these spacers have more material on them is because they weren't originally designed for our Delorean calipers ; )

D

The only issue I had with the kit was very slight rubbing of the hub to the caliper. I was able to make clearance with a flap wheel in a few seconds. Probably could have just let it rub and ware down.

IMG_0485.jpg