FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Ground wires and Idle speed motor support bracket

Ground wires and Idle speed motor support bracket

I a just getting around to reassembling my intake manifold and I had asked another Delorean owner where a bindle of grand wires went that came off of the look with the WUR and Cold Start valve connectors came out. When I received the picture, it showed the ground bundle was attached to the top of the air intake on the drivers side. In his picture, I did not see the top portion of the Idle Speed motor support like on mine (see picture), but that's where the grounds are attached in his picture. I did a search on different Delorean engines and every picture I saw, it was the same as the other Delorean owners image, no top portion of the bracket attached to the threaded hole, just the ground wires.

1. Do I have a different bracket than everyone? I looked on DMCH parts page and it shows the same bracket as mine and it installing the same way.
    2. I assume that the ground wires get attached to that same bolt that the bracket attached to and that the lug goes under the bracket?

My engine, notice that the top portion of the idle speed motor support is mounted to
    engine2.jpg

Here is an image capture from a Youtube video I was watching, the Idle speed support bracket is different and just the ground wires are bolted to the intake, this matches the same picture the other Delorean owner sent me.
    justground.jpg

My VIN:    03500

The second pic is probably of a DPI bracket they eliminated the top support. Yours is still a stock bracket. Either way is fine nothing to worry about.
    I just went to a DPI bracket not to long ago.

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 07-03-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    The second pic is probably of a DPI bracket they eliminated the top support. Yours is still a stock bracket. Either way is fine nothing to worry about.
    I just went to a DPI bracket not to long ago.

Dave B.
    So I assume that the ground wire gets mounted under the original brackets top mount?

Thank you!

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    So I assume that the ground wire gets mounted under the original brackets top mount?

Thank you!
    I don't think it matters as long as there is a good ground but usually on top.

Dave B.

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    I don't think it matters as long as there is a good ground but usually on top.

Dave B.
    I figured, but it seems that having it under (between the intake and bracket) would give it a better ground connection.

Thanks!