FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 3.0 Liner Height Issue

My VIN:    Early

3.0 Liner Height Issue

After finally receiving my Westwood liners which were made to the Eagle book spec, I installed them into the block with DPIs stainless shims. Max height I can get using a flat edge and feelers is .05mm.

Seems like my only option is to stack the shims using hylomar? Or is there a place where I can order a custom set of shims?
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    03572

You can buy brass shim stock in almost any thickness. It would take a lot of effort to cut it though. You can cut it with scissors or exacto knife.

https://www.grainger.com/category/ra...&filters=attrs
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

So I can get a custom cut set of shims through an online machine shop.

Aiming for .25mm thickness as its the closest thickness available. That would put me at an acceptable .16mm liner protrusion.

What material would be recommended for that? Brass or 304 Stainless annealed?

I'll also be using hylomar.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

you can also have the upper surface of the block skimmed to the right height for your liners and shims
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    you can also have the upper surface of the block skimmed to the right height for your liners and shims
    I'll probably experiment, and do this as last resort.

Now, what has been the max anyone has removed from a PRV head with no problems?