FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fuel Pump Woes... no power??

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysony View Post
    Thank you Ron. I replaced the starter with the eagle premiere version that's sold on AutoZone. I "feel and ear" that the car is not starting, but when I release the hand of the key, it actually starts (sometimes). I have gas on the carb as I press the pedal.
    YW!

Check out the pic HERE note the pigtail for the Blue with Yellow stripe resistor bypass wire.

Sounds like someone may have mixed up the wires connecting the coil/starter/resistors (bypass).
    Before getting into that, try connecting a jumper from the jump post (or any 12V source) to the coil's (+) terminal and see if it starts.

ResistorConnections-3.jpg

My VIN:    2607

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    YW!

Check out the pic HERE note the pigtail for the Blue with Yellow stripe resistor bypass wire.

Sounds like someone may have mixed up the wires connecting the coil/starter/resistors (bypass).
    Before getting into that, try connecting a jumper from the jump post (or any 12V source) to the coil's (+) terminal and see if it starts.

ResistorConnections-3.jpg
    Thank you Ron! I guess you're on the right track. I'll check that hopefully this very weekend. The starter was the only thing that changed on the car, so that must be it; a messed connection.

Enviado desde mi SM-G996U1 mediante Tapatalk

My VIN:    2607

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysony View Post
    Thank you Ron! I guess you're on the right track. I'll check that hopefully this very weekend. The starter was the only thing that changed on the car, so that must be it; a messed connection.

I just saw this picture from yours on another thread. I guess this is the correct setup.Screenshot_20210625-191913.jpg

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Yes, same pic as in my link above, with labels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3