FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Delorean model kit by Lee Seiler

Club(s):  

Delorean model kit by Lee Seiler

Hello, I'm a new member to the forum and although I don't have Delorean (much to my dismay) I do have a rather extensive collection of models. To check them out click the link below, I have over 390 of them

www.facebook.com\deloreanmodelcollector

I'm currently looking for the Lee Seiler kit produced in the 90's, if anyone has one for sale or knows of one for sale please contact me. Thank you.

IMG_4871.JPG delorean-sports-coupe-model-kit-hand_1_bfa140d03ee36fa19badc949a8bc922c.jpg delorean-sports-coupe-model-kit-hand_1_bfa140d03ee36fa19badc949a8bc922c1.jpg

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

I think they are pretty hard to find nowadays.
    I have waited many years to get mine from him.
    You can see a few pic here:
    http://dmctalk.org/album.php?albumid...achmentid=2060

My VIN:    16377

How much would you be willing to pay for one of these models?

-Nick

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I still have mine, unopened sealed box, signed by John DeLorean probably at the DCS in Cleveland in 2000. Hopefully there is something actually inside the box!

Open to reasonable offers, I'm never going to do anything with it. JZD signature might be worth as much as the model! If it gets goofy I'll put it on eBay but I'd hate do to that. I really hate dealing with eBay.

If nothing else here's some photos of an interesting bit of history.

DSCN2181.jpgDSCN2183.jpgDSCN2191.jpgDSCN2194.jpgDSCN2196.jpgDSCN2197.jpgDSCN2189.jpg

I also have a couple of the BTTF trilogy kits and a couple of Japanese BTTF kits. All unbuilt. Same deal. Details on request.
    Last edited by DMCMW Dave; 08-02-2020 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Missed a photo
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

I totally forgot about these things. Back when they were released I ordered 1 and ended up getting 2 of them in the mail. I can't remember how the rest unfolded but it ended with Lee threatening to take me to court if I didn't send the other one back (#54 was the number on that box). I'm not sure the number on my original box though.

I do remember opening the box and realizing it was garbage.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Looking at those pics, it looks unrefined, but hard to tell. Would be nice to see more pictures of the parts and one completed.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Looking at those pics, it looks unrefined, but hard to tell. Would be nice to see more pictures of the parts and one completed.
    Rob,

I just tried looking for the pictures from when these were first made back in the late 90's on the DMCNews site but I can't find it. A few people helped Lee with the instructional manual and there were several that were customized. They came out pretty good, but I can't find the pictures to show you unfortunately.

-Nick

I think Lee used to have those pictures on his site, totalimmersion.com. That site looks to be gone now, but doing a quick Google search on that name came up with more Lee Seiler stuff. This one stating how difficult his models can be, but how great they can turn out with care.

https://www.rc-submarine.com/single-...ware-the-Beast

Here's an archive of his old site. but no pictures of the actual model are loading.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200206060...an/kitbox.html

Quote Originally Posted by NJP548 View Post
    Rob,

I just tried looking for the pictures from when these were first made back in the late 90's on the DMCNews site but I can't find it. A few people helped Lee with the instructional manual and there were several that were customized. They came out pretty good, but I can't find the pictures to show you unfortunately.

-Nick
    Last edited by dmcerik; 08-05-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    I think Lee used to have those pictures on his site, totalimmersion.com. That site looks to be gone now, but doing a quick Google search on that name came up with more Lee Seiler stuff. This one stating how difficult his models can be, but how great they can turn out with care.

https://www.rc-submarine.com/single-...ware-the-Beast

Here's an archive of his old site. but no pictures of the actual model are loading.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200206060...an/kitbox.html
    Yeah that makes sense if he put them on his site. I never built mine lol. I have number 092. Still sitting in the box.

-Nick

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    I don't know if this photo is still available on his website:
    MikeBlueDMC.jpg
    But this is a nice modified model.
    I wonder if the owner is here by any chance?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast