FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Frame Numbers

Frame Numbers

Just out of curiosity, are the Frame Numbers sequential? What is the highest numbered frame? Is there a frame with 0001?

Thanks!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The frame #'s were used by the frame manufacturer for inventory purposes. There is no correlation to the Delorean numbering system. There was a 3 X 5 card index that did have the VIN # to frame # for some early cars but it was very limited. DMCH has it if they want to share but the frame numbers don't mean anything. Just like the engine and transmission numbers don't mean anything. You would expect them to incorporate at least a part of the VIN number but they don't. As long as your VIN numbers all match up (the tag on the dash, the tag on the door sill, and the VIN on your Title), that's all you get. For a breakdown of the VIN # there is a VIN calculator somewhere. I think it is over at the DoD.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by MCMDMC View Post
    Just out of curiosity, are the Frame Numbers sequential? What is the highest numbered frame? Is there a frame with 0001?

Thanks!
    Very little was sequential about these cars. The VARI bodies may have been placed on-line in sequential order, but that’s about it. Engines, frames, transmissions, ...whatever was close by is what got used with no regard to numbering. The cars didn’t leave the factory in a sequential order, nor were they loaded and shipped in sequential order either.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The factory generally did ship sequentially but once the cars got to the QAC centers anything goes. From the QAC centers the cars were shipped out by specific VIN to the dealers. Towards the end there was no specific order, it was whatever cars were complete because by then they were cannibalizing from the stock because of the lack of parts and the need to ship specific VINs. The cars that could be quickly put back together were the first to go.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    The factory generally did ship sequentially....
    Not according to the manifests I’ve seen. The VINs are all over the place.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

The Delorean chronology pdf has frame numbers if known.
    Shannon