FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Sharing my Dynamat project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    16563

Sharing my Dynamat project

Hey guys,

I thought I would start sharing my progress from current to completion. To catch you all up my car runs perfectly, upgraded fuel pump, radiator and fans, fuel lines etc. Anyhow I have been hung up on the interior being done for several years. Anyone that it is fanatical about detail will know that the correct way to get the A pillars for example is to wrap the material around on to the pillar and install the windshield over the material. So I removed the old discolored windshield and am going to have all the panels reupholstered and install properly. Then the last task will be to have DMC use the jig to install the new windshield and the headliner. So in the meantime I figured I would remove all pieces and clean everything to remove old dirt and old smells and lay Dynamat down to prep for the interior install. Her are the pictures so far. I have read a couple guys doing this and the general feeling it seems is that it didnt make much of a difference. However I am really getting every nook and cranny so Im excited for the result.
    Attached Images
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles