FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sharing my Dynamat project

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by DeLoreanTech View Post
    How did you address air flow around the amp?
    I ran a 700w Kicker amp in that same spot for about 12 years with no incidences of thermal shutdown or other heat-related issues. Class D should fare even better.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Keep us posted with the results. This is something I've wanted to do for years.
    Shannon

My VIN:    16563

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    I deliberately bought a very expensive Class D amplifier (JBL XD400) that’s solid state and not prone to heat issues as a result to combat this. It’s not only smaller, but draws much less power and generates nearly zero heat as a result.

The board is just the stock parcel shelf back, so those wire loops at the bottom slot over the vertical black metal brackets, then the cargo net hooks secure it with screws from above.
    Thanks for the pictures. Looks good. Im just trying to get my car to upgraded original status before I go too crazy with car audio. I used to do car audio a long time ago before I started my home theater home automation company, I just havent decided what I want to do exactly. Considering Im installing a new carpet kit ill probably run some cable under to save myself later. RCAs and power possibly. I was almost considering a head unit and amp combo in a custom enclosure in the "coke" compartment lol. Then just bluetooth to it with my phone. Thoughts?
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3