FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Help installing Delorean Go Alternator

My VIN:    2681

Club(s):   (DMA)

Help installing Delorean Go Alternator

So I recently got a new Delorean Go alternator and it appears that there is a spacer that needs installed with it. It appears that it goes on the front side inside the bracket and the front of the alternator but I am not positive as there are no instructions. How am I supposed to install this spacer correctly? I already damaged the first one they sent as I thought it was lined up but it ended up not being, it was sitting below the bolt as I tightened it so now I have to wait for a replacement. I really have no idea how to make sure it is lined up correctly as inserting the bolt while holding the spacer and holding the alternator up all at the same time seems impossible. Is there something I am missing here? Please let me know if you can assist, thanks!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

A photo of the alternator and spacer would help.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Here is what I was shown from the website. The silver piece on the bolt is what appears to be the spacer. Without it, the alternator will have play from front to back so I'm sure that it is needed somehow.

alternator.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by uhhair View Post
    Here is what I was shown from the website. The silver piece on the bolt is what appears to be the spacer. Without it, the alternator will have play from front to back so I'm sure that it is needed somehow.

alternator.jpg
    Looks to me that the spacer is intended to be against the left ear in the photo. That shouldn’t be that difficult to install. Just slide the bolt out far enough to hold the spacer then slide it back through the bracket.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

This is my DMCH C130 alternator. The left ear is twice as wide as the one on the GO alternator, hence the need for the spacer.

DENNIS

Thanks for the help! I was able to get it in after removing the top muffler bracket. I couldn't see without it and trying to do it by feel was just not working and I wasn't strong enough to do it from below. Until the next problem!!

My VIN:    16409

This is almost certainly a Saturn alternator. The mounting ears are spaced out wider than the mounting bracket. The DMCH has the correct spacing mounts like normal.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California