FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Dash and binnacle restoration options

Dash and binnacle restoration options

Hello...

I'm interested to see what others have done when repairing their cracked dash and binnacle. When DMCH released their replacement dashboards so long ago I bought one, but never installed it. It's still in the box collecting dust. When I looked at it I wasn't sure if the quality was what I wanted to put in the car. Does anyone have any good pictures of the gray DMCH dash installing in their car?

I've also reached out to Just Dashes and got a quote for both items. $600 for the binnacle and $1200 for the dash. Plus a 4 month lead time. Plus shipping. Seems very pricey, but if anyone has any pictures of their work installed in their car I'd be interested to see those pictures too.

I've seen people leather wrap their binnacles, which looks nice. Has anyone gone with the leather wrap I keep seeing on eBay? Or any other supplier? I'm interested to see what those look like.

I'd love to see any and all pictures of what people have done, and their thoughts on quality after spending time with the finished product.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I sent a binnicle to DMCMW about a year ago and can't imagine anyone doing a better job -- ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!
    Same with an upper console cover.

The glove box lids from across the pond look and fit fine, but will not stand up in the heavy to extreme sun areas (no matter how much resin you put on the backside....)

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I sent a binnicle to DMCMW about a year ago and can't imagine anyone doing a better job -- ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!
    Same with an upper console cover.

The glove box lids from across the pond look and fit fine, but will not stand up in the heavy to extreme sun areas (no matter how much resin you put on the backside....)
    What is the cost for such sorcery?

First binnacle has a very small crack; almost not enough to worry about, but seems like something I ought to be fix easily. Second one has major cracks in it, and something will have to be done there.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    What is the cost for such sorcery?

First binnacle has a very small crack; almost not enough to worry about, but seems like something I ought to be fix easily. Second one has major cracks in it, and something will have to be done there.
    It had 2 two cracks, one all the way across the center and the other ~4 inches: $25 leveling + $450 recover.
    I'll try to get pics this weekend...