I know we owners love to talk endlessly about DeLorean prices; but I'd like to take a serious look at what's going on. As some of you know, I maintain a list of current for sale cars, and have been watching prices for about a year now, especially before I bought my own car. There's a couple of things that are clear enough:

* Prices are definitely going up - but hugely? I don't think, but that's just my impression.
* You now need, by the time you pay sticker price, tax, registration and miscellany, about $40K to get a good condition car.
* The going rate for a barn find is now $25k - plenty will argue that's not justified, but people are clearly paying.

Some low mileage, close to original and OK condition cars have fetched some pretty prices on BaT, despite the work they clearly need.

I've also seen some very high prices - for example the Time Machine that sold at auction for $111K, and some other cars that are priced above $60k for
various reasons.

This is a slightly tricky thing to quantity - there are clearly different classes of car (barn find, good condition runner, time machine, etc), so a general statement
about trends is hard.

I'd particularly like to elicit feedback here from long timers; especially those who've watched prices for a very long time (and maybe bought and sold several cars)
and also those non-owner lurkers (you know who you are) - if you're hanging out here instead of Facebook, you might be taking the whole thing a bit more seriously.

Finally, I'd also suggest (and this is an impression, no more), that the classic car market in general is being driven by some high end collectors with no shortage
of money. That's not a new trend, but it seems to be affecting our cars more.