FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Momo Wheel

My VIN:    10889 2259

Momo Wheel

Has anyone had any joy tracking down an adapter for a Momo steering wheel? Can they be made?

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I could get them made if someone provided me with some sort of sample or dimensions.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I am sure there are adapters out there that will work, just a matter of buying one that is long enough.

The spline pattern on the column is 9/16"-36 splines. There are a lot of cars on the road with this pattern. I recall seeing in other threads that standard Fiero adapters will work if you add a spacer to space the steering wheel a little further out.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I am sure there are adapters out there that will work, just a matter of buying one that is long enough.

The spline pattern on the column is 9/16"-36 splines. There are a lot of cars on the road with this pattern. I recall seeing in other threads that standard Fiero adapters will work if you add a spacer to space the steering wheel a little further out.
    Some quick reading shows the bolt pattern for the wheel is different and the turn signal pins are not present

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

You can make your own adapter. See my post #6140 under "What Have You Done to Your DeLorean" on page 614 (dated 11/19/16). In fact I may still have that piece of superb engineering somewhere.
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

My VIN:    6313

I've tried 9/16-36 and they are too small for the splines at my steering wheel. Just by chance I had a 990016 Borgeson 1/2 rag joint which is listed as 11/16-36 and it fits perfectly on the splines at the steering wheel.

Also looks like it might hold the steering wheel base far enough away from the signal gear mounting plate to provide enough space (about 1") for a clockspring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post

Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    I've tried 9/16-36 and they are too small for the splines at my steering wheel. Just by chance I had a 990016 Borgeson 1/2 rag joint which is listed as 11/16-36 and it fits perfectly on the splines at the steering wheel.

Also looks like it might hold the steering wheel base far enough away from the signal gear mounting plate to provide enough space (about 1") for a clockspring.
    Wow, 11/16-36? Dang; I'll have to check my notes. I'll take your word for it though.

My VIN:    6125

Did DMCMW officially stop making these? Last I heard a couple of years ago they were having the machine shop next door make them in small batches. If you haven't reached out yet, they might be able to do another run of parts.