FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: What is the center vent flap suppose to be connected to?

My VIN:    4978

What is the center vent flap suppose to be connected to?

I'm redoing my entire center column. Rebuilt my AC mode switch. Putting it back together. Did a test to see if the mode switch is working right, but it does not move to the vents still.

When I had it all apart, I pushed the flap inside the center vents and it just bounces freely. no resistance at all.

Upon further inspection, I notice on the right side, there is an arm that comes out. With a white plastic bent arm on it. with a hole. But not connected to anything. Looks like there is a device up farther that is suppose to be connected to this arm. the arm moves the center flap open and close. Anyone have a close up on how the little arm connects to whatever that is in the housing in back of it? i'm thinking on just taping it up for now so it's always on vent. which is what i'll be using 99% of the time anyway.

nobody knows what the center vent flaps connector/link looks like? You can see it along the right side if you have the center column out. Need a picture or picture of the linkage that connects the two.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Not exactly a picture as you request:

Maybe you can look at these 2 parts schematics and tell us which part it is you're looking at? Maybe the schematics help you find your answer directly?

https://store.delorean.com/c-302-7-1-1-heater.aspx

https://store.delorean.com/c-362-7-1-2-air-ducting.aspx

Finally, here's a thread about one of the 3 or 4 HVAC connector arms that commonly breaks:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15974
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

I think that link you showed with the video is the part i'm talking about, thou I can't tell because I don't know which spot in the AC vents that is.

I think in drawing one you linked to. it's where 26? connects to 30? I guess. It's up and under to the left of the glovebox. White arm attached to the green flap plastic, that opens and closes the vent doors.

but even after rebuilding my Mode switch. Mine still won't blow off the floor. I'm wondering if there is a hose off somewhere or something. I don't know where all the vacuum points are, to go look at them all to make sure they are all connected. Whoever had this car before that started the restoration. Half assed the reassembly and rush things. many brackets are missing that shouldn't be and things like that.