FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wiring the window switches right?

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Sounds like my settings for inverting the Y-axis when I play Call of Duty ...or X-Wing vs Tie Fighter back in the day.
    Yess !! x-wing!!

My VIN:    10207

Lightbulb Good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The switches on my car operate the way your 87 IROC did. And I remember it the same way... up towards the front of the car and down by pushing towards the rear of the car. I agree it's confusing, but so too are a lot of new cars when you get in them the first time. I had a C class Mercedes years ago and felt those window switches were opposite to intuition.

For the OP, my switches both operate the same direction. I can't seem to find a picture handy of the wires underneath for you though. I too have that MattAligner strip and it's a good product.

Here is the windows wiring schematic:

Attachment 64419

I wonder if the two wires going to the windows got connected backwards? This would not be that hard to do if your car has had the window motors replaced at some time and the replacements necessitated cutting off the connectors. When I did my driver's side one a couple seasons ago, you had to modify the connector it came with and reterminate those two wires. Easy enough for you to change if you feel like it. Just decide which direction you like the switches to operate in and then go in on the opposite door and switch the two wires on the one you don't.

Attachment 64421
    I think i'll do something along these lines. Basically switching the S/R and S/U wires at the motor / at the switch will reverse the operation of the window, if I understand correctly?
    Please excuse the crudity of this DeLorean as I didn't have time to repair it yet.
    VIN 10207 - December '81, Gray Interior, 3-speed automatic, stock PRV engine.

My VIN:    10207

No pilot, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I have had one daily driver work opposite from another. I like the push forward to put the windows down. That follows my pilot training when you push the stick forward to go down.
    I want it to work the same way. Makes sense to push the lower part of the switch to lower the window and to pusj the upper part of the switch to raise it again.
    Please excuse the crudity of this DeLorean as I didn't have time to repair it yet.
    VIN 10207 - December '81, Gray Interior, 3-speed automatic, stock PRV engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2