I needed a jig to pressure test my cooling system. I tried a pump from the local parts store, but I don’t think it was up to the task for a drained Delorean cooling system. I wanted a way to hook it up to my air compressor. With the regulator turned down to ~15psi, I was able to replace one of hoses in the engine compartment and pressurize the system. Once pressurized, I was able to spray soapy water to find any leaks in the system. Mainly I was looking to verify I didn’t have any leaks in the valley before I started installing the intake.

Here are the parts necessary:

• 3/8” ID tubing – ~40 inches long (Menards – 900-01163)
  • 3/8”x3/8”x3/8” Hose Barb Tee (Menards – 904-201601)
  • 3/8” Air hose repair kit – includes 2 needed hose barbs (Menards – 207-4661)
  • 1/4” Air hose Tee (had laying around)
  • 1/4” Ball Valve (Menards – 207-4644)
  • Air pressure gauge (had laying around)
  • Air quick connect (had laying around)
  • 6 properly sized hose clamps

Here is a picture of it all assembled.
IMG_20200830_153226.jpg

And a picture of it installed in the auto bleeder system. This orientation gives the ability to pressure test the cap while installed so you can’t over pressurize the system. The downside is that it tests the system with the exception of the one hose this system replaces.

I put the towel down to make it easier to see when installed.
IMG_20200830_152914.jpg

This helped me find a couple of hose clamps I didn't have fully tightened. I also found a couple of aluminum pipes that had some pin holes in them from sitting for so many years.