FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Interior restoration with custom color

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Unfortunately the binnacle is only been dyed, with what is supposed to be a very good leather dye, but only time and baked hot summers will tell if it will hold, as well as the lower door panels, the knee pads and center console.

The real leather parts are the seats, the shifter and brake boots and possibly the upper door panels.

However, if some of the parts with the dye don’t hold its colour, I will go with a king of vinyl wrap or leatherette...

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback!

Here in Canada, it’s our thanksgiving weekend, so cheers! 🍺
    Attached Images

My VIN:    16064

That looks GREAT!

You did an awesome job on this. I also had never seen one other than black/gray. This looks just super classy & well done.

Are you thinking darker brown strap or same light/tan.

I can't state how nice I think this came out.

I could not blow up dash. Did you have to hand punch out for speakers, delete them or sound just through material?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthEastJBD View Post
    That looks GREAT!

You did an awesome job on this. I also had never seen one other than black/gray. This looks just super classy & well done.

Are you thinking darker brown strap or same light/tan.

I can't state how nice I think this came out.

I could not blow up dash. Did you have to hand punch out for speakers, delete them or sound just through material?
    Thank you!
    I didn’t touch the front speakers, the sound go through the material no problem. And after a drive, I am happy to notice not much reflection or glaring from the dash material. So I’ll leave it like that.

I have xtra material from the seat for the pull straps, so I feel I’ll use that, but noticed that there is another material in between inside the pullstrap.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    16064

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Thank you!
    I didn’t touch the front speakers, the sound go through the material no problem. And after a drive, I am happy to notice not much reflection or glaring from the dash material. So I’ll leave it like that.

I have xtra material from the seat for the pull straps, so I feel I’ll use that, but noticed that there is another material in between inside the pullstrap.
    I could see where just the standard material would stretch or not last without the backing material.

Hope you are having a great holiday weekend.

Very satisfied with the upholstery of the straps and shifter boot.
    Attached Images

Picked up apple cider for my sister. 🍎🍏

The headliners are still light gray, and several bits in the center console remain to be done. But it’s a beautiful day today to drive an old car (it’s cold and crisp).
    Attached Images

That looks great.

Victor, hope all is well. Love the color would you mind posting a pic. of your cup holder.
    Thanks Steve

Thank you White out and Steve! I appreciate!

Here are some pictures of the cup holder. Il is from DeloreanGo. I pay more to have it gray, not knowing I would paint it another colour anyway later. I also put a clear coat from a spray can of high temperature from the brand Procolor, availlable in Canada. In the bottom, I glued pieces of foamy faux tan suedes.

All the plastic part are also spray painted with a high temperature paint but importantly from Procolor. I tried VHT but it does not hold on plastic. (of course it’s not made for this) But for some reason Procolor High temperature is absolutely excellent on all the plastic parts. Even pressing as hard as one can with a fingernail won’t scratch the paint at all.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Looking really beautiful

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast