FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Front License Plate Options

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I just recently removed my front plate on the premise that nobody seems to care around here and, with my Cadillac down for a few days to have some well-deserved updates, I decided that I didn't like the look of the DMCH bracketed plate on the front. I'll keep you posted, but I expect no problems.

On an interesting note, I keep a novelty Illinois plate on the front of my Dodge; "BDR 529" and it expired in 1980. Nobody's ever questioned that or even said anything about it and I've only been pulled over once with the car; for possible suspicion of drunk driving due to original, worn steering components.

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I just recently removed my front plate... I decided that I didn't like the look of the DMCH bracketed plate on the front.
    Do you happen to have a picture of the front of your car with the bracket installed? Really curious how that looks.

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Quote Originally Posted by Notifier View Post
    Do you happen to have a picture of the front of your car with the bracket installed? Really curious how that looks.
    IMG_20110820_141333.jpg100_2197.jpg

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

Thanks Chad! Doesn't look too bad, sticks out a little but I think I can live with that.

I feel ya.

I'm in VA, and I'm in the same boat. I've been pulled over twice for not having a front plate. Once in my own fuckin' driveway. I usually give them a sob story about how rare it is, and "my bumper isn't designed for it" "the bumper is expensive piece" "I can't just drill holes in it" that kinda thing. I keep the license plate in my trunk, with registration so I can produce it. I have yet to meet the ass hole cop or trooper to give be a ticket for it considering that its a DeLorean and rare. Most of the time they just want to see the car. I remain courteous and don't get an attitude though, because they're just doing their job and I respect that. I find that they won't pull one over either because 1) they don't see it. 2) they don't care. 3.) it's too inconvenient. On the other hand I keep an eye out for them when they're talking to each other in a parking lot (bored) and if I'm turning at an intersection and they are waiting at a stoplight or in a good position to nab me. If it's too hard to get to me, they just won't do it.

+ it ruins the front aesthetic of the car!! I refuse also. I've made up my mind to go to court over it in the event I ever do get a ticket.
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 10-06-2011 at 08:51 PM.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Here's a close-up. No holes involved, looks like the stock position.

The bottom isn't really white, in this photo the protective plastic had not been removed.
    Attached Images
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Here's a close-up. No holes involved, looks like the stock position.

The bottom isn't really white, in this photo the protective plastic had not been removed.
    Yeah I know... But I still think it's lame.

The "drill holes" and "expensive bumper" bumper bit is for the cops benefit.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

My bumper never had holes drilled. In Ohio we're supposed to have a front license plate. I keep the front license plate in the car in case I get pulled over. If I actually get a ticket for it I may re-think this, but so far every police officer I've met has been to dazzled by the car to care.

I just got the stupid stainless steel bracket, because the Washington State Patrol are just looking for reasons to pull people over, no matter how insignificant (or manufactured).

Fuckers...

...thats it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast