FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Looking for project even not running

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    I almost got scammed 3 times before i got mine off a forum member here. After i got the car, the seller using the money i gave him for the car actually got scammed buying another car. unless you can go see or have someone see the car in person, and its too good to be true? assume a scam.
    Jeez that's tough

Sent from my AGORA XI using Tapatalk

My VIN:    5791

Paid 10k for mine a year ago. It was rough, but exactly a year later I got it tagged street legal. They are out there. Pull the trigger when it shows up and it will happen for you. Picture of when I found it sitting at a mechanics shop and a year later. Still in rough shape, took me a year to sort out everything you cant see.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-D View Post
    Paid 10k for mine a year ago. It was rough, but exactly a year later I got it tagged street legal. They are out there. Pull the trigger when it shows up and it will happen for you. Picture of when I found it sitting at a mechanics shop and a year later. Still in rough shape, took me a year to sort out everything you cant see.

Jeez I found way better condition at 10k haha but nice work !

My VIN:    5791

Quote Originally Posted by frenchyozy View Post

As we know....Deloreans arent created equal....

My VIN:    4328

Then why didn't you buy it??

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    Then why didn't you buy it??
    Seller didn't want to wait to get money wired. Cash on spot and generally sold in the next hour

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Seller didn't want to wait to get money wired. Cash on spot and generally sold in the next hour

To be honest, I don't blame them. There are so many scams out there that if someone told me they were on the other side of the world and would wire me the money, I'd immediately pull the plug on the deal. Simply not worth the risk and not worth my time. It's a bummer but this is always going to work against you.

I imagine you're not going to find many private sellers willing to go through this, especially on a car that people are lining up to buy locally in cash. I know I wouldn't. Your best bet is certainly going to be a dealer that is willing to take a risk like this. I know it's been said before but BHCC is your best bet.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

There are agents you can hire that would do the deal for you, arrange shipping and handle all of the paperwork. They handle the money, fill out the forms for customs, etc. All for a fee of course.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    To be honest, I don't blame them. There are so many scams out there that if someone told me they were on the other side of the world and would wire me the money, I'd immediately pull the plug on the deal.
    Sorry to ask this question, but I don't understand how the scam works. If a distant buyer says he's going to wire the money, and does so, then you deliver the car. If he doesn't wire the money in a day or so, you simply don't deliver the car, and sell it to the next local bidder in line. Or am I missing something ???

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Sorry to ask this question, but I don't understand how the scam works. If a distant buyer says he's going to wire the money, and does so, then you deliver the car. If he doesn't wire the money in a day or so, you simply don't deliver the car, and sell it to the next local bidder in line. Or am I missing something ???

Generally wire transfers are safe but there is just an associated stigma when dealing with out of country buyers due to the large number of scams and thier intricate nature. Couple that with the fact most people have never sold a car to an overseas buyer and the perceived hurdles and hassles of transporting or even prepping the car for transport vs. the security of selling to someone locally or even out of state makes the choice easy even if it means less money.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast