FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Looking for project even not running

Yes that's right. Bit sarcastic guys here but again please understand I have a massive headache to import the car and it cost me double of price . That's why 10k is perfect car ... End up here at 20k and I just looked at it. Also I need to replace tyres, give a wash of her life inside outside underneath , bug spray, asbestos check and remove it if needed ($$$$), air con gas out, not more than 10l of fuel .... Huge headache. If I get a 20k running one no rust it becomes a 40k car just to look at it. I missed plenty of bargain as I'm overseas, can't really fly when I want to as I work 7 days a week to get that car. As some peoples said they are some bargain , I saw some cars going even free, 1k , 3k , 5k , 8,10 , 15 ... All of them get flipped 2 to 3 times and I'm just depressing. Some of these cars end up at one well known seller. If you have a car even not running please contact me. Since I watched that movie when I was young , it's just become an obsession and for me its one of a life time purchase that I can't screw up. I learnd mechanic, panel beater (fist year) and detailing. Pretty confident just don't want too much rust as its massive job

Sent from my AGORA XI using Tapatalk

Anyone know what's happened to red one on eBay 1 week ago ? Got sold 8G ???
    Another one in Denver got flipped around 10G too

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by frenchyozy View Post
    Anyone know what's happened to red one on eBay 1 week ago ? Got sold 8G ???
    Another one in Denver got flipped around 10G too

I assumed you bought it. After all you did make a post saying you wanted to buy...what else was left to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I assumed you bought it. After all you did make a post saying you wanted to buy...what else was left to do?
    I wish, I got really bad luck and missed lasvegas 8G. Same for the Denver 10G. Also one 12G on eBay but trouble with title

Few bargains got snapped really quick

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

The Denver ad looks like a scam simply because you do not buy a car like that for 10k, you just don't. You need to be very careful because there are some very elaborate scammers out there. I just heard an episode of DeLorean talk where a guy talked about getting scammed by one of these professional scammers and he wasn't an idiot. These people (country or origin banned from being discussed here in Talk) set up bogus car websites with convincing inventory and addresses. They look legit even to a guy with common sense.

BHCC is your best bet as they may have cars in your range from time to time AND they are not scammers. They have experience is overseas shipping too. They also employ questionable sales tactics but they are never "dishonest" about their cars, they just don't volunteer much info either.
    Last edited by Michael; 10-19-2020 at 08:26 AM.

The Denver ad looks like a scam simply because you do not buy a car like that for 10k, you just don't. You need to be very careful because there are some very elaborate scammers out there. I just heard an episode of DeLorean talk where a guy talked about getting scammed by one of these professional scammers and he wasn't an idiot. These people (country or origin banned from being discussed here in Talk) set up bogus car websites with convincing inventory and addresses. They look legit even to a guy with common sense.
    Yep need to be really careful with that. I know the guy who bought it, frame have some rusty patch's but it was cheap

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If you are looking for a way to keep the tax low, maybe buy a car and take it all apart. Importing it in pieces might make it a lot cheaper but you or someone else would have to be in the US to take it apart and it might make the shipping more expensive.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5312

I almost got scammed 3 times before i got mine off a forum member here. After i got the car, the seller using the money i gave him for the car actually got scammed buying another car. unless you can go see or have someone see the car in person, and its too good to be true? assume a scam.
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

...(country or origin banned from being discussed here in Talk)..
    Wondering what gave you that idea. Source?

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    If you are looking for a way to keep the tax low, maybe buy a car and take it all apart. Importing it in pieces might make it a lot cheaper but you or someone else would have to be in the US to take it apart and it might make the shipping more expensive.
    Good idea but now if the car arrive in pieces you can't put in on the road . There as a way to do it with 2 cars .but it will cost me heaps to dismantle in USA anyway

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast