FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Re: RIP - Ron Cobb - BTTF DeLorean Time Travel Consultant

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Re: RIP - Ron Cobb - BTTF DeLorean Time Travel Consultant

I received this note from Bob Gale this morning. Passing it along to the DeLorean and BTTF Communities:

I received an email from Ron's wife Robin this morning that Ron is no longer with us.
    The great artist and designer was 83, and he died on his birthday from complications from dementia.
    This what she wrote in her email to his friends and colleagues:

"Ron Cobb died today in Sydney, Australia of Lewy Body Dementia. He is survived by his wife of 48 years,
    Robin Love, his son Nicholas, and his dog Charles. His beloved cats Olive and Gladys predeceased him.
    Ron died on his birthday. He was 83 years old. I was with him. (It was his birthday in Australia as we are one day ahead), and it was pretty surreal when I walked into his room early this morning to find it full of balloons. The celebration did rather get taken over by events. He would have been amused and maybe a little cross with me for making them dismantle the decorations.
    There will be a private cremation."

Personally, Ron was an absolute joy to work with. His creativity was off the charts, he brought a lot to the party in his own unique style, and possessed a wry and sparkling sense of humor. Somehow, he made his intense hard work seem effortless. He was one of those special people that everyone was always happy to see. And he truly made the world a much better place. Certainly, BTTF's DeLorean would not have been the same without his immense contributions.

In 1985 Cobb received credit as DeLorean Time Travel Consultant for the film Back to the Future.

More on Ron can be found here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Cobb
    http://roncobb.net/film.html

If I find out a charity to which donations should go, I will let you know.
    Meanwhile, please take a moment to remember him and to send good thoughts to his family.

BG
    Last edited by Rich W; 09-21-2020 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Note: FYI - I will update with charity info, if received in future

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

So sad... RIP sir.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry