FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Tamir's DeLorean site "Custom Ds". Where are they now?

My VIN:    16995

Club(s):   (DCF)

Tamir's DeLorean site "Custom Ds". Where are they now?

Just wondering if anyone has any updates as to the current status on some of these cars.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

If its the one I am thinking of the Burgundy Interior one is in the UK along with quite a write up and some lovely pictures.

http://www.deloreaneurotec.uk/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=180

along with another write up and some awesome pics.

https://www.deloreanmuseum.org/burgundy-delorean.html

Loving the recovery DeLorean and the one with the 8 track and gadgets in the headlining.
    Last edited by er1c; 09-25-2020 at 05:26 AM.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

The burgundy twin turbo one has been around; as noted I think it's overseas now.

If the bright red one is the one I'm thinking, I feel like I recall that it either caught fire or was totaled.

I remember the "tow truck" but I recall that it was just a prop.

I dont know if its the same car, but I know the owner of a car in ohio with that same wild roof mounted sound system. Car is an island twin turbo.

The candy apple red car is Curtis' car. He had it at DCS'14 which was the last time I saw it. Not sure if it's been to a show since, but I imagine he's still maintaining it.

I remember seeing the northstar car at DCS'04. Not sure what ever became of it. I tried to track it down back in 2011 when I was prepping for my LS swap and wasn't able to find it.

I believe the owner of the "Street images" car has it and drive it. His name is escaping me (Kyle I think). The car has a a small block chevy engine and is a really nice build. He was at DCS'14 but I don't think he had brought his car.

Last I saw the twin engine DeLorean was around 2013 in southern ohio. Car still ran and was quite the project.

The last photo of the "modern interior" was something DMCH built as a prototype back around 2004. Supposedly they were planning to actually produce that interior, but it never got off the ground. To my knowledge, they sold the prototype interior to an owner that still runs it in their car.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post

I remember the "tow truck" but I recall that it was just a prop.
    This was Richard Strecker's car from Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post

I believe the owner of the "Street images" car has it and drive it. His name is escaping me (Kyle I think). The car has a a small block chevy engine and is a really nice build. He was at DCS'14 but I don't think he had brought his car.
    That's Kyle Franklin's car. He's a professional pilot/wing walker/badass. Super nice guy who has had that car since he was a teenager, I believe, and has done all of the work himself.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Images 3 & 4 were Dave & Linda Colley's twin turbo car from the Cleveland, OH area.
    My favorite Photoshoped shot here.
    They moved to Florida. A few years after sold the car. It was last discovered back in the North. I want to say N or S Dakota or Minnesota. The owner was on here a few years back asking about the history of his car but I cannot find it in the archives right now.

Rick G's twin engine car was dismantled by Rick himself and the engines were sold on ebay. I think he sold the car as well. Wish is was still around. Great stories of him getting challenged in a drag race while driving with the front V4 engine and then, turning on the V8 blowing the doors off of others with the V12 combo. Only sad part is that he had to refuel every 50 miles if using both engines do to lack of space for a larger fuel cell.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles