FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: When a government creates a crime - The John DeLorean Case

My VIN:    10227

When a government creates a crime - The John DeLorean Case

Even after almost 40 years, the story is so hard to believe

Hope you like it

My VIN:    1710

I have never seen any of the old news footage you included here, thank you so much for putting this together and sharing this with us! I love the music, too... very "early '80s mystery music" haha. Watching young Jim Lehrer and Judy Woodruff hashing out the DeLorean saga is fascinating to me. How did you find all of this old footage?

Watching this has me going back to the chicken and egg scenarios once again. Did the FBI concoct the entrapment scheme because they suspected JZD of embezzlement, or did they (eventually) chose to go after JZD for the GPD embezzlement scheme because the entrapment case failed? Or was JZD simply chosen for the entrapment case because his company was failing, and would make a good target since James Hoffman knew him? Or did JZD really approach Hoffman first?

Historically, I refused to believe JZD perpetrated any wrongdoing until I learned more about the whole GPD thing. He most certainly committed a number of felonies there. His acquittal for that was a fluke of the jury not understanding instructions. Once I wrapped my mind around the GPD scandal, I still can't decide whether he actually pursued anything illegal with the whole cocaine smuggling thing, though. My initial reaction is always - no. But Larry Flynt fabricated the tape which supposedly contained an FBI agent/"smuggler" threatening the life of Kathryn DeLorean. Why? Was it for publicity? Did JZD ask him to do that? Questions just lead to more questions!
    Louie Golden

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    I have never seen any of the old news footage you included here, thank you so much for putting this together and sharing this with us! I love the music, too... very "early '80s mystery music" haha. Watching young Jim Lehrer and Judy Woodruff hashing out the DeLorean saga is fascinating to me. How did you find all of this old footage?

Watching this has me going back to the chicken and egg scenarios once again. Did the FBI concoct the entrapment scheme because they suspected JZD of embezzlement, or did they (eventually) chose to go after JZD for the GPD embezzlement scheme because the entrapment case failed? Or was JZD simply chosen for the entrapment case because his company was failing, and would make a good target since James Hoffman knew him? Or did JZD really approach Hoffman first?

Historically, I refused to believe JZD perpetrated any wrongdoing until I learned more about the whole GPD thing. He most certainly committed a number of felonies there. His acquittal for that was a fluke of the jury not understanding instructions. Once I wrapped my mind around the GPD scandal, I still can't decide whether he actually pursued anything illegal with the whole cocaine smuggling thing, though. My initial reaction is always - no. But Larry Flynt fabricated the tape which supposedly contained an FBI agent/"smuggler" threatening the life of Kathryn DeLorean. Why? Was it for publicity? Did JZD ask him to do that? Questions just lead to more questions!

Thank you. It took me forever to find some tv footage and this one was great also with the discussion near the end. I guess nobody can tell the real reason why the government did all this shit. I don't think it had to do with GPD. I believe it was more of a threat that his ideas could take over the US market after some time. In the end he was the person responsible for some of the best selling cars that GM had at the point.

My book will go a lot more into detail about those things. Especially GPD, the drug trial showing many of the original documents from back then www.deloreanbook.org

I love doing research for stuff like this. The last few years I discovered so many things that are almost impossible to believe. Such a crazy story

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Thanks for putting that together, nice job. I hadn't seen most of the footage before.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Thanks for putting that together, nice job. I hadn't seen most of the footage before.
    thank you. I wish there would be more access to more of those old TV News reports

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

It would be interesting to request the FBI files for all this. You could do a request via FOIA. That might shed some light on why they went after Delorean to begin with.
    Shannon

it still shows "No result". I bet they buried everything

When the government and/or their supporters want someone gone they will go to any extent. Just look at the political situation of today to see another fine example, not to mention displacing/imprisoning tens of thousands of US citizens simply because of their race, infecting others with deadly diseases for the same reason.

Nothing is honest about Government.

I enjoy reading about cars and engines. I try to stay off slippery roads.